Wrong GPS Position
Hello together,
is there any option to calibrate the gps hardware, or to enter something like "correction value"?

I own two Pinephone64 3MB devices, that I bought about begin of 2020.
From day one, both devices showed my GPS position wrong. After some time of warmup, they find that, what they think is my position and show it in the map. However. the position is always about 300 ft south west my real position. 

This error does not change over time (after more warmup), not from distro to distro and not from version to version.
It is not related to my actual position. It seems not to be related to the devices regional settings.

As I was very unsatisfied by other Pinephone / Mobile Linux features, I let it go, hoping, this would be a bug, someone else would report.
Am I missing anything?
Best regards
Frytz

let me add, that I use the devices in Europe
(09-03-2023, 01:10 PM)derbaertigefrytz Wrote: Hello together,
is there any option to calibrate the gps hardware, or to enter something like "correction value"?

I own two Pinephone64 3MB devices, that I bought about begin of 2020.
From day one, both devices showed my GPS position wrong. After some time of warmup, they find that, what they think is my position and show it in the map. However. the position is always about 300 ft south west my real position. 

This error does not change over time (after more warmup), not from distro to distro and not from version to version.
It is not related to my actual position. It seems not to be related to the devices regional settings.

As I was very unsatisfied by other Pinephone / Mobile Linux features, I let it go, hoping, this would be a bug, someone else would report.
Am I missing anything?
Best regards
Frytz

let me add, that I use the devices in Europe

I am using Biktorgjs modem firmware https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pinephone_modem_sdk
Release 0.72 and ADSP 01.003.01.003
With PostmarketOS Phosh / edge channel and updated I can get GPS fix under a minute and it is accurate.
I am using Osmin as navigator app (not flatpak - the default alpine linux apk one)

With other distros I have found out that decent solution is:
pure-maps and satellite apps from flatpak

Remember to enable location services from system settings.
But it works and a-gps works also Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card wrong space Cree 5 5,796 09-01-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bitnick