Booting Explained please
This may have been asked before, I can't find it. Do we search for "start up", "Starting", Booting", Buzz", "Buzzing", "Vibrate", etc, you get the picture

If already explained, please post link.

My questions relate to "trying to boot new OS from SD-Card", and my inability to find the device (In fastboot mode I THINK).

Red LED Means
Blue LED = Fast Boot Mode
Green LED Means

Buzzing, vibrating at time of boot or booting
Single short Buzz Means
Long Buzz Means

Buzzing and flashing RED LED means

Whilst attempting the power on, press RE button, the phone Buzzed like 5 or 6 times and the RED LED blinked as well.
What does this mean?

Please and Thanks.

I would have thought this would have been in the manual, or on the main intro to your pinephone pro wiki page
Things to know and learn about your PinePhone Pro.

Oh! Whilst I am on this small soapbox, can we please separate all the devices into separate wiki's. I know it's like copy and paste for 90% but then you can add the wiki page to the forum page and vice versa. Which ever model you have, you know where to go, and should be following the correct instructions.
I was reading through something on not powering up, and thought "this reads weird" and then it was a Pine Book page. Be CAREFUL on Search

Thanks
(07-26-2023, 10:29 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: My questions relate to "trying to boot new OS from SD-Card", and my inability to find the device (In fastboot mode I THINK).

Red LED Means
Blue LED = Fast Boot Mode
Green LED Means

Buzzing, vibrating at time of boot or booting
Single short Buzz Means
Long Buzz Means

These can change depending on what you have on the SPI chip. I will assume you have tow boot. These phones do not have "fastboot". 

https://tow-boot.org/devices/pine64-pinephonePro.html

From the link:
Additional features
The phone can be started in USB Mass Storage mode by holding the volume up button at startup before and during the second vibration. The LED will turn blue if done successfully. In this mode, the phone will work like a USB drive when connected to a host computer.

Booting an operating system from an SD card will require holding the volume down button before and during the second vibration. When done successfully, the LED will turn aqua.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone not booting after interrupting update PineBetter 1 1,064 05-31-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  PPP not booting: Missing DTB andy.lynx10 4 1,767 03-02-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: andy.lynx10