SMS issues
my pinephone can not send sms messages through spacebar but can recieve them and phone calls,
it's running Arch Linux and KDE mobile.

What do I do?
I tried out Ubuntu touch and could send messages with it's built in sms app,
the only problem with that linux disto is I couldn't install packages.

For whatever reason manjaro doesn't boot my on phone anymore just one day decided not to boot and instead get stuck in that annoying boot loop with the vibration going off every 8 seconds.
(07-18-2023, 02:45 AM)SchizoPinePhone225 Wrote: my pinephone can not send sms messages through spacebar but can recieve them and phone calls,

Check are there some messages stuck in modem.
Write this to terminal and press enter:
mmcli -m any --messaging-list-sms

If there are messages you can read them like this:
mmcli -s X
Where X is the number of the sms (it will be seen in the previous command output)

If the message is outgoing you can send it like this:
sudo mmcli -s X --send
Where X is the number of the sms (it will be seen in the previous command output)

If the message is incoming you might want to delete it after reading and you can do it like this:
mmcli -m any --messaging-delete-sms=X

To make all phone functions more reliable I highly suggest to explore Biktorgjs firmware:
https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pinephone_modem_sdk
Please do your homework before messing with modem but IMO without Biktorgjs firmware PP/PPP is no where near reliable phone as a phone.
unfortunately this didn't work
the mmcli commands that is

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modem Issues SchizoPinePhone225 2 839 08-31-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: SchizoPinePhone225
  SMS issues SchizoPinePhone225 3 1,044 08-05-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Arch Linux ARM - "my" issues/setup/wants mikehenson 0 1,719 04-29-2021, 10:01 PM
Last Post: mikehenson