Has someone tried USB-C smartphone game pad?
Has some played around with smartphone-specific USB-C gamepads? I don't mean classical wired PC/Game console controller (e.g.: anything my Logitech). I mean the one specifically built for smartphone, where you dock the phone inside and the controller wraps around, reminiscent of Nintendo Switch's joycons (e.g.: Gamesir, .

The reason I am asking is that the one I've tried is a bit more complex that your garden variety PC gamepad.
They usually show up as two different USB HID device: A game pad and a touchscreen, and use an Android app in order to map inputs and gestures to the various buttons (this makes it possible to support games that only work with on-screen taps and swipes and don't support a controller) - (e.g.: the one I've bought by default maps one of the analog sticks as screen swipe).

So did someone try such gamepad and find a good way to map them on Linux?
I have a razor kishi controller that works well with most emulators and stuff i've tried it with on my pinephone pro.
(07-22-2023, 01:45 PM)MadameMalady Wrote: I have a razor kishi controller

It just presents itself as a USB joystick? Or does it handle the touch screen emulation in hardware? (and thus requires some companion app to configure)
(07-30-2023, 03:15 AM)DrYak Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 01:45 PM)MadameMalady Wrote: I have a razor kishi controller

It just presents itself as a USB joystick? Or does it handle the touch screen emulation in hardware? (and thus requires some companion app to configure)

What do you mean by emulate touchscreen?
It does indeed show up as a usb joystick