Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone
Hello, I can't get my Manjaro Pine Phone to ring when getting a call. I've tried everything on the phone, but please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. There was an update last Friday, but I don't know if that was the cause.

Chris
(06-06-2023, 03:32 AM)thorensjubilee Wrote: Hello, I can't get my Manjaro Pine Phone to ring when getting a call. I've tried everything on the phone, but please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. There was an update last Friday, but I don't know if that was the cause.

Chris

What desktop enviroment? Phosh, Plasma, sxmo?
(06-06-2023, 06:48 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 03:32 AM)thorensjubilee Wrote: Hello, I can't get my Manjaro Pine Phone to ring when getting a call. I've tried everything on the phone, but please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. There was an update last Friday, but I don't know if that was the cause.

Chris

What desktop enviroment? Phosh, Plasma, sxmo?
Sorry, I have Manjaro Phosh.

Chris
You could install pulse audio volume control pavucontrol. This will allow you to check the profile in use and test the speakers...
Are you with regular PP (not Pro?) ?
Are you with Manjaro Phosh stable?

(There was some sound issues in Manjaro Phosh dev but new upgrade should fix them)

If you are on stable please double check that you have not toggled profile to silent/quiet from quick settings.
Also double check that you have volume on.
(06-06-2023, 10:12 AM)mark1250 Wrote: You could install pulse audio volume control pavucontrol. This will allow you to check the profile in use and test the speakers...

Thank you. I'll do that.

Chris

(06-06-2023, 11:19 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote: Are you with regular PP (not Pro?) ?
Are  you with Manjaro Phosh stable?

(There was some sound issues in Manjaro Phosh dev but new upgrade should fix them)

If you are on stable please double check that you have not toggled profile to silent/quiet from quick settings.
Also double check that you have volume on.

I have a regular Pine Phone and I am with Manjaro Phosh stable. I was wondering about the upgrade which we had recently. I have doubled checked that I am NOT on silent / quiet and I have the volume on.

Chris
If sound is otherwise working you might have something wrong with sound theme.

What do you get when you put this to terminal?
gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.sound theme-name

Do you have something in /home/manjaro/.local/share/sounds/
?

In my experience most reliable combo for callaudio (including audio in calls but also with ringtones etc.) is pipewire, pipewire-pulse and pipewire-media-session
With default pulseaudio there use to be some stability issues - most likely those are fixed - but with default pulseaudio you can't change volume levels during calls while with pipewire-pulse & pipewire-media-session combo you can.
(06-07-2023, 05:26 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote: If sound is otherwise working you might have something wrong with sound theme.

?

In my experience most reliable combo for callaudio (including audio in calls but also with ringtones etc.) is pipewire, pipewire-pulse and pipewire-media-session
With default pulseaudio there use to be some stability issues - most likely those are fixed - but with default pulseaudio you can't change volume levels during calls while with pipewire-pulse & pipewire-media-session combo you can.
Hello,

No the sound is not working! There is no ring when I get a call. I can get sound via the SD Card where I have music, and I can get that through the phone, but nothing when somebody calls me.

Chris
I kind of tried to ask that Smile.

If sound is otherwise working (like you can play music and music will be heard) can you please check:

?
(06-07-2023, 10:27 AM)thorensjubilee Wrote: Hello,

No the sound is not working! There is no ring when I get a call. I can get sound via the SD Card where I have music, and I can get that through the phone, but nothing when somebody calls me.

Chris

Downgrade calls:
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gnome-calls-43.4-3.aarch64.pkg.tar.zst

Maybe that might help because I can see now crashes on Calls 44.something which was updated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New phone, KDE desktop settings reset on reboot zzb0 2 1,763 10-15-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 591 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  How to create folders and re-org my phone desktop? A better "Image Viewer" app? nbh 0 558 09-24-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,605 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 809 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,764 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 1,031 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,914 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,584 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,073 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma