[PineTab2] Disabling the keyboard when the cover is fully open
Hi,
the keyboard cover does not recognize that it is completely open (keyboard behind the tablet), but is there any way to disable it when I do not want to use it?
This is my first encounter with Plasma, so I don't know if it gives any such options or shortcut.
Optimally there should be some kind of button like for backlighting the keyboard to turn it off.
i've never tried it (might when mine arrives) but this might be something you can configure to at least disable the keyboard
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Tablet_PC#Tablet_mode

for the backlight, you might try fn+pine key. iirc that was the key combo on the og pinetab to enable/disable the keyboard backlight.
Thanks for the tablet-mode idea, I will try it out.
As for the backlight key, I haven't tested that (I usually don't use backlight), but my point was that it would be useful to have such a special key to turn the keyboard on and off, like this key (or some kind of switch).

Another strange thing with this keyboard is that it only works after a long while after launching, i.e. at the login screen and a while later when I want to write something, I have to use the on-screen keyboard (maybe it's just with me, or maybe it's a tablet performance issue).
So I tried the tools provided in the arch wiki. At first I tried linux_detect_tablet_mode, but it didn't work because the only event that is triggered is the gyro when changing orientation.
Then I tried tablet_mode with these settings:

Code:
{
    "tablet": [
        "/dev/input/by-path/platform-fd840000.usb-usb-0:1:1.0-event-kbd",
        "/dev/input/by-path/platform-fd840000.usb-usb-0:1:1.1-event-mouse"
    ],
    "notify": true
}

When running from the launcher using the icon, it didn't work, but when I ran it from the command line:
Code:
sudo setsysmode toggle

it worked, unfortunately it is very capricious, because either the gyro or some other event disables tablet mode and the keyboard starts back up, so this solution did not work in the end either.

And since 95% of the time I'll be using the PineTab2 as a tablet, I'm now more interested in a case without a keyboard.
Hold down the "pine" key and press the right hand Ctrl key to cycle keyboard backlighting brightness. One of those brightness settings includes "off".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [PineTab2] Case without keyboard janqbtzki 5 2,416 08-29-2023, 03:29 PM
Last Post: pakman
  Pinetab2 keyboard is not working neox 2 862 06-22-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: neox