Rkvdec memory leak?
Anyone else seeing high memory usage with rkvdec/rockchip_vdec? I am seeing high memory usage with both GStreamer and FFmpeg (https://github.com/jernejsk/FFmpeg) clients so, if other people are also having issues, it seems like it might be an issue in the kernel driver. Performance is quite good until it starts swapping however. I see 3.5 GiB of shared memory usage before it hangs/starts swapping. I'm using kernel 6.1. It's also possible that it is somewhere else like Panfrost or Mesa and I guess I would need to use Kmemleak to confirm but I'd like to know if this is a known issue before I test further.
It seems that issue occurs with the Moonlight (FFmpeg) and Epiphany (Gstreamer) client but not MPV (FFmpeg) which suggests that it might be a user space issue (thanks PaulFertser).
After further testing, this issue does not seem to occur when using Moonlight with QT's EGLFS on a TTY or when using Moonlight on X11. It only occurs when using Moonlight on Wayland.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  reset sound after suspend to memory (deep sleep) Der Geist der Maschine 16 16,993 10-18-2021, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Syonyk
  Better rkvdec support in 5.11? ShootTheMoon2 2 3,679 02-28-2021, 07:10 PM
Last Post: ShootTheMoon2