"bricked" my eMMC
Bug 
Had many issues with the original Manjaro OS on my pppro, such as pgp keys not properly authenticating etc. after some long troubleshooting I decided to install a fresh image to my eMMC from an SDcard. During the flashing of the eMMC, the phone crashed, and the flashing was interrupted.
Now whenever I boot, it is IMPOSSIBLE to boot from SD card without bypassing eMMC with the RE button (I used to have tow-boot, which allowed me to use the volume down key and this no longer works) No matter my timing I never seem to be able to boot with the eMMC initialized. It never shows up in "lsblk" and therefore I cannot re-flash the drive to a complete install.

Quick note about tow-boot: it does seem to still exist as I get a brief blue flash before some kind of (what seems to be a) hard override of my input

I ran the dd command as per usual when the phone breaking crash happened, nothing fancy.

Anything I can do to access the eMMC from my computer?
Can I use a USB-C keyboard to boot the phone from SDcard? (I don't have one at my disposal so I haven't had the chance to try)
Any other ideas? Huh Huh Huh 

Thanks in advance to anyone with the knowledge to help me out of this mess
Try using a computer to flash the eMMC.

I documented the whole process here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBGVUq3DGK4
(05-09-2023, 07:22 AM)mikehenson Wrote: Try using a computer to flash the eMMC.

I documented the whole process here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBGVUq3DGK4
Thanks a lot for the help!
I didn't find anything about volume+ key for accessing eMMC in the documentation that I'd viewed. 5 minutes into the first video I already had all I needed to fix my entire problem.
I had a feeling tow-boot was still in working condition and it was just the OS causing issue. and I'm glad I got a response so fast.

I now still get the message I thought I could circumvent by re-flashing.
Quote:The filesystem according to the superblock is 3764531 blocks
The ophysical size of the device is 1515187 blocks
Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt

I ran
Code:
sudo dd if=input.img of=/dev/mmcblk2 bs=1M status=progress conv=fsync

The .img flashed to system was the original from manjaro and previously was running on SD card (STILL runs actually) since the crash it has always been like this
(05-09-2023, 08:17 AM)tigerbalm69 Wrote: Had many issues with the original Manjaro OS on my pppro, such as pgp keys not properly authenticating etc. after some long troubleshooting I decided to install a fresh image to my eMMC from an SDcard. During the flashing of the eMMC, the phone crashed, and the flashing was interrupted.
Now whenever I boot, it is IMPOSSIBLE to boot from SD card without bypassing eMMC with the RE button (I used to have tow-boot, which allowed me to use the volume down key and this no longer works) No matter my timing I never seem to be able to boot with the eMMC initialized. It never shows up in "lsblk" and therefore I cannot re-flash the drive to a complete install.

Quick note about tow-boot: it does seem to still exist as I get a brief blue flash before some kind of (what seems to be a) hard override of my input

I ran the dd command as per usual when the phone breaking crash happened, nothing fancy.

Can I use a USB-C keyboard to boot the phone from SDcard? (I don't have one at my disposal so I haven't had the chance to try)

Please don't worry, this is 100% recoverable.

There is two methods you can choose from:

- Flash the eMMC using Tow-Boot's USB Mass Storage mode by holding VOLUME UP at boot
- Boot an operating system from the microSD card and overwrite the eMMC from there. Make sure to hold VOLUME DOWN at boot to boot from microSD card

It's possible there was some confusion when flashing with dd and you might have written to the SPI flash memory. In that case you need to boot a Tow-Boot installer image from microSD card with the usage of the RE button.

In any case I would strongly suggest you to join the community chat to be able to quickly fix this.
(05-09-2023, 10:46 AM)fxc Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 08:17 AM)tigerbalm69 Wrote: Had many issues with the original Manjaro OS on my pppro, such as pgp keys not properly authenticating etc. after some long troubleshooting I decided to install a fresh image to my eMMC from an SDcard. During the flashing of the eMMC, the phone crashed, and the flashing was interrupted.

Please don't worry, this is 100% recoverable.

There is two methods you can choose from:

- Flash the eMMC using Tow-Boot's USB Mass Storage mode by holding VOLUME UP at boot
- Boot an operating system from the microSD card and overwrite the eMMC from there. Make sure to hold VOLUME DOWN at boot to boot from microSD card

It's possible there was some confusion when flashing with dd and you might have written to the SPI flash memory. In that case you need to boot a Tow-Boot installer image from microSD card with the usage of the RE button.

In any case I would strongly suggest you to join the community chat to be able to quickly fix this.

Thanks for the help. I seem to have duplicated my thread, so I'll quickly recap: I longer could use vol- key to boot from sd, had to resort to RE booting into SD. I was instructed on how to mount my eMMC to pc, from which I wiped the eMMC to boot from SD and now the phone works as desired. If I want to install tow-boot once more, I will go through the necessary steps to do so.
Many thanks for the help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashing to the eMMC prairie33 4 2,634 06-18-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Flash Pinephone Pro image from SD card to eMMC? jcun4128 9 6,840 03-11-2022, 09:09 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Guide: Recovering from not being able to boot to eMMC or working sdcard Ulfnic 2 2,563 02-02-2022, 10:29 PM
Last Post: bcnaz