How to (try to) suspend and how to tell if it was suspended?
There are quite a few threads around about the ability to use the battery-saving "suspend" feature — whether it works, what distros, what bootloaders, whether eMMC or SD etc.

I am currently playing with different distros/configurations and would like to know/undestand how to actually try to suspend before I can even see if it works. A number of questions here:
  • Where is the "Suspend" button in various GUIs (Phosh, Plasma etc.)?
  • Is it the same as screen lock?
  • When the phone has its screen dark/seemingly off, how to tell if it is actually suspended?
  • Is "suspend" the same feature as "sleep" and "standby", or are there nuances/differences?
  • How to try to suspend from command line? `systemctl suspend`?
  • Given that suspend is fully supported/enabled, when is the phone supposed to suspend automatically?
  • What about hibernation?

Thanks in advance  Rolleyes .
The questions you strikethrough, did you find the answers? why not posting answers to your own question? so anyone searching for the same answers they can read them here....

e.g.:
> Is it the same as screen lock?
no its not, screenlock just locks the screen, while the ppp can still be fully running without screen, for example while ssh into the phone.
(08-01-2022, 03:46 PM)magdesign Wrote: did you find the answers?

Yes.

(08-01-2022, 03:46 PM)magdesign Wrote: why not posting answers to your own question? so anyone searching for the same answers they can read them here....

There's no evidence yet that anyone needs those answers. I was perhaps too quick to post the questions as finding the answers wasn't too difficult then.
But if anyone really doesn't know the answers and needs them, I can supply them.
Please supply the answers in the original post. If we visit the post you can assume we would like to see the answer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camera stops working after resume from suspend jchw 0 649 09-06-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: jchw
  Distro with suspend Frost1776 6 4,144 03-10-2022, 04:42 PM
Last Post: dukla2000