Should computer maintenance involve blood sacrifice?
In order to troubleshoot a "no light on power on" problem, (which does not seem unique to me, judging by several threads), I had to open up the base of the machine.
This turned out to have several sections that were razor sharp, one of which sliced open a fingertip. The blood sacrifice unfortunately was not rewarded with success.
Future production might benefit from a modest deburring and sanding of the board's edges.
(07-11-2022, 12:55 PM)Perl6_user Wrote: In order to troubleshoot a "no light on power on" problem, (which does not seem unique to me, judging by several threads), I had to open up the base of the machine.
This turned out to have several sections that were razor sharp, one of which sliced open a fingertip. The blood sacrifice unfortunately was not rewarded with success.
Future production might benefit from a modest deburring and sanding of the board's edges.

To be fair, this IS a hobbyist platform and the troubleshooting WIKI does mention those sharp edges and advise you keep fingers away from them.

That said, I am looking forward to a PBP upgrade model that is easier and safer to work on, has more performance, and is a bit harder to "brick".  I would expect to pay more for that, but (aside from those "cutting edge" issues) this is fun.

What steps did you take that did not result in success?  Perhaps someone can suggest additional steps that might work!  (And you alredy know to avoid the pointy stuff, so you are already ahead on that!).
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
(07-11-2022, 12:55 PM)Perl6_user Wrote: In order to troubleshoot a "no light on power on" problem, (which does not seem unique to me, judging by several threads), I had to open up the base of the machine.

...are you done trolling?     lol
I see that the documentation now includes a specific warning about the risk. Well done,whoever wrote the update.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineBook Pro - Did I buy the wrong computer? astral 8 4,373 05-04-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: korreckj328
  Everything on my computer screen has inlarged by 50% 20jasonduty20@yahoo.com 2 3,854 10-07-2020, 09:46 AM
Last Post: moonwalkers