PPP as daily device
I have made the move to PPP as a daily device. It works well and the only issues at this time are battery consumption and the device microphone is crappy. Easily overcome by always having my small headset attached and sound is fine. Since camera's dont operate (software?) I shut the switches off and I also turn off Bluetooth to conserve power. Although I have tow-boot installed to spi there is still an issue with device sleeping and not waking up regardless of power settings.
Edit:
Calls still dont work properly because of sound issues.
(05-20-2022, 06:22 AM)Chief Wrote: I have made the move to PPP as a daily device. It works well and the only issues at this time are battery consumption and the device microphone is crappy. Easily overcome by always having my small headset attached and sound is fine. Since camera's dont operate (software?) I shut the switches off and I also turn off Bluetooth to conserve power. Although I have tow-boot installed to spi there is still an issue with device sleeping and not waking up regardless of power settings.
Edit:

Just curious which distro you are using?
Pinephone Pro enthusiast and SUPER-HYPED for PineTab 2! PT2 is AWESOME!
Former electrical engineer. Current rancher.

I know a lot about a few things, a little about a lot of things and am ignorant of an unknown number of things.
(06-02-2022, 08:26 PM)Conjada Wrote:
(05-20-2022, 06:22 AM)Chief Wrote: I have made the move to PPP as a daily device. It works well and the only issues at this time are battery consumption and the device microphone is crappy. Easily overcome by always having my small headset attached and sound is fine. Since camera's dont operate (software?) I shut the switches off and I also turn off Bluetooth to conserve power. Although I have tow-boot installed to spi there is still an issue with device sleeping and not waking up regardless of power settings.
Edit:

Just curious which distro you are using?

I have returned to Arch Linux. I have two pinephones one being the pro and on both phones I use Arch Linux. I have tried several other distro's those being Mobian, Manjaro Phosh and KDE but Arch runs the best in my opinion.
Edit:

> device microphone is crappy
its not infact, you need to turn down the volume Smile
"The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race"

(04-23-2023, 06:45 AM)dcc Wrote:
Edit:

dcc when you did get your PPP and what OS are you using? (because for me the mic is WAY too low in almost every OS - pmos phos is only exception)

I (hopefully) can agree that the microphone is not crappy but there are lot of software issues who makes it crappy.
I have tried all major releases with different flavors but at the moment there are none where you can actually use PPP as a phone without headset.
My PPPs are delivered in february 2023.
(04-23-2023, 03:55 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 06:45 AM)dcc Wrote:
Edit:

dcc when you did get your PPP and what OS are you using? (because for me the mic is WAY too low in almost every OS - pmos phos is only exception)

I (hopefully) can agree that the microphone is not crappy but there are lot of software issues who makes it crappy.
I have tried all major releases with different flavors but at the moment there are none where you can actually use PPP as a phone without headset.
My PPPs are delivered in february 2023.
i have had two ppp's the first ones modem died and its the was original one with a micro sim, and the second is the new verion with the nano sim. on both arch and pmos by turning down the volume to 20~% on sxmo makes it sound fine
"The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PPP now used as main device. DaForest 3 1,104 11-18-2023, 07:21 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  PPP as daily device. DaForest 5 1,208 11-05-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: DaForest
  Is the pine phone usable as a daily driver now? gautamb11 18 4,570 10-27-2023, 12:46 AM
Last Post: gregb49
Sad Can I recover bricked device from Mask ROM mode? Damage 14 7,432 02-04-2022, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Damage