Keyboard stopped charging
I left it charging all night and ppkb-i2c-charger-ctl info gives 2600mV which means the keyboard is fully uncharged. Previosly everything working. I have tried charging the keyboard with and without the phone inserted - the issue still exists.
The phone is charged through the keyboard as usual and the keyboard itself works.
How can I troubleshot it?
My keyboard works as a keyboard, shows up on Settings-Power panel as kb151 - all as expected.

However, the keyboard is always at 0% power - it will not charge or pass-through charge the phone.

After two weeks of forum-diving and troubleshooting, I gave up and opened a service ticket with Pine64 and was told to wait a few weeks for the first PPP firmware update, which might/should fix the issue.

Fingers crossed.
> However, the keyboard is always at 0% power - it will not charge or pass-through charge the phone.

Distributions have not learned how to display the charge level of the keyboard, this is expected. To see the charge level, you need to use the ppkb-i2c-charger-ctl info utility. 3000mV means battery is low, 4200mV means full. But in my case it displays 2600mV and the keyboard is not charging. I'm afraid the battery in my keyboard has died.
Yes, the issue was in my battery, got a replacement. Thanks!
How hard is it to replace the battery in the keyboard? What type is it?
(02-16-2022, 06:30 AM)Shatur Wrote: Yes, the issue was in my battery, got a replacement. Thanks!

I'm very glad you got a replacement. I'm facing the same issue with my keyboard: the charge stays at 2600mV. After reading your post, I opened a support ticket with them but there's been no replies for two weeks and now the 30 days warranty period is gone unfortunately. Just out of curiousity: Did they send you a replacement keyboard or just the battery? I'm thinking of looking for a suitable battery...
(03-11-2022, 03:55 PM)Uzi Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 06:30 AM)Shatur Wrote: Yes, the issue was in my battery, got a replacement. Thanks!

I'm very glad you got a replacement. I'm facing the same issue with my keyboard: the charge stays at 2600mV. After reading your post, I opened a support ticket with them but there's been no replies for two weeks and now the 30 days warranty period is gone unfortunately. Just out of curiousity: Did they send you a replacement keyboard or just the battery? I'm thinking of looking for a suitable battery...

They were going to send a keyboard, but I live in Ukraine becuase of situation it's impossible to send anything currently.
Currently having the same issue. The keyboard works but when I run the ppkb info command it always shows 2600mV.
To add ppkb returns an FF error when there is no external power supply plugged into the kb.

I don't want to have to shim it and I'm pretty sure my warranty is up as it took a month to receive the device.
Any additional help would be appreciated!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,217 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 5,598 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 359 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 7,905 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 392 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,113 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 449 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 562 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 905 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  How to disassemble Keyboard top and replace cables? elof 2 719 10-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: elof