Power consumption?
Hi,

I wonder if anyone who has successfully booted some OS on their Quartz64 attempted to do some power consumption measures. Measures in idle and under full load would be very welcome!
(01-05-2022, 06:08 PM)kuleszdl Wrote: Hi,

I wonder if anyone who has successfully booted some OS on their Quartz64 attempted to do some power consumption measures. Measures in idle and under full load would be very welcome!

Ordered one yesterday, however is a QUARTZ64 Model-A, will try to do some power consumption measurements as soon as it comes.
The question is how to do it, because it will be a pity to cut the 5V cable, to put a multimeter in Serial. But if it's possible to power it from external USB then I have an USB miliamperimeter.
fasani.de
C++ programmer
I would have replied to this sooner, but I had to dig my watt-meter out of storage. I plugged the power cord into the meter (similar to a kill-a-watt, but from a different vendor), and then plugged that into the wall. I let it run all day and put the Quartz64-A under different loads and plugged in different peripherals. The max usage was 6.8 Watts, the minimum usage was 1.1 Watts, and when I would glance over at the meter during "normal" usage, it was pulling anywhere from 3.6 up to 5 Watts.

I hope that answers your question. Let me know if you need any other numbers.
(03-07-2022, 07:51 PM)KRT Wrote: I would have replied to this sooner, but I had to dig my watt-meter out of storage.  I plugged the power cord into the meter (similar to a kill-a-watt, but from a different vendor), and then plugged that into the wall.  I let it run all day and put the Quartz64-A under different loads and plugged in different peripherals.  The max usage was 6.8 Watts, the minimum usage was 1.1 Watts, and when I would glance over at the meter during "normal" usage, it was pulling anywhere from 3.6 up to 5 Watts. 

I hope that answers your question.  Let me know if you need any other numbers.

Thank you! This already helps a bit, but how much does it draw in "idle" when it just booted and has no load? I mean, are the 1.1W stable or are they just the minimum you ever saw?

I am getting 0.7W in idle on the A64-LTS - but of course this is performance-wise a completely different story.