Why can't we have an alternative to DHL??
Through the post office I’ve occasionally had to pay additional fees, but never from a courier service.

As far as other shipping options go, I can also see the standard postal option when adding certain things to the cart. It does seem to depend upon what I add though and there is a “warning text” that courier shipping is the only option for some items.

Also, as a former “UPS only” shipper, businesses do get discounts for using only one provider. Besides, who in their right mind would want to complicate logistics by having to manage multiple shipper accounts & pick up times?

I’m tier 1 with UPS, so I pay X amount and then tier 3 with FEDEX, so I have to pay Y amount. Each company also used to provide their own label printer and packaging material, so you would also have to have stock on hand/purchase refills from them, thus increasing the cost to the consumer.

I could maybe understand your reasoning, if there was a great demand for the products, but at the present time; it’s a niche market for early adopters of Linux devices, which necessitates a cost effective business model.

Considering the low cost of their products and the options they offer, I am happy that Pine64 can provide a functional alternative to the major players.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't we have an alternative to DHL?? - by dachalife - 03-18-2024, 10:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there an alternative email other than shipping@pine64.com Fusion_3.64 5 8,785 07-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Fusion_3.64