Why can't we have an alternative to DHL??
I live in Canada. And I want to order the Serial Console "Woodpecker" Edition $1.99 and Pinebook Pro Console Cable $6.99.
So the total is $8.98

The only shipping choice is "Courier Shipping Method" which is $30. (Really? Yes that is the case. Your order is less than 10 bucks and the shipping is 3+ times more)

That is not the end of the story, since the shipping is via DHL, DHL will apply a custom processing fee. Since this is a service happen in my country, it is taxable as well.

This is the trick how DHL tries to get more money from us even we paid for the shipping cost already. Personally, I consider it as a kind of legal robbery.

Bear in mind that if the shipment is using regular Postal service, there is no such service charge because they are all included in the Postal cost already. The post office will do all the documentation and process for you FREE. (That actually is not free, we paid for the postal fee already, don't we?)

Just wonder if Pine64 don't really know about what DHL does, or Pine64 knows that DHL is going to rob the end user but still agree and allow them to do so.

Why not having the regular post service as an alternate option for the end user? I really wonder.  Huh Huh Huh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't we have an alternative to DHL?? - by chip ling - 03-16-2024, 07:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there an alternative email other than shipping@pine64.com Fusion_3.64 5 8,791 07-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Fusion_3.64