LCD Installation Walkthrough
I blogged about my trials and tribulations with getting the LCD working on the Android Build. After some tears, I have it going! Hopefully this will help someone else.

http://edthadba.blogspot.com/2016/06/con...d-lcd.html
(06-05-2016, 12:58 PM)edinor Wrote: I blogged about my trials and tribulations with getting the LCD working on the Android Build. After some tears, I have it going! Hopefully this will help someone else.

Thanks on your post. I will release the new rooted LCD version Android build on tomorrow.
Stickied Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-06-2016, 01:12 AM)tllim Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 12:58 PM)edinor Wrote: I blogged about my trials and tribulations with getting the LCD working on the Android Build. After some tears, I have it going! Hopefully this will help someone else.

Thanks on your post. I will release the new rooted LCD version Android build on tomorrow.

+48hrs and I guess a rooted LCD Android build that has working bluetooth is too much to ask for... of course I would be happy with an Android LCD Build that had working Bluetooth, root is a bonus, no BT makes the thing useless, no headphones, speakers or keyboards

My problem is this... YOU set this expectation... YOU then failed to meet this expectation... Now had you said "In the next week or so we will try to release an updated image... blah blah blah" I wouldn't have a reason to be discouraged (YET AGAIN!), Mind you I was patient with the shipping process.
(06-08-2016, 08:39 AM)nagmier Wrote:

+48hrs and I guess a rooted LCD Android build that has working bluetooth is too much to ask for... of course I would be happy with an Android LCD Build that had working Bluetooth, root is a bonus, no BT makes the thing useless, no headphones, speakers or keyboards

My problem is this... YOU set this expectation... YOU then failed to meet this expectation... Now had you said "In the next week or so we will try to release an updated image... blah blah blah" I wouldn't have a reason to be discouraged (YET AGAIN!), Mind you I was patient with the shipping process.
Sorry that I am not aware that the root version broke the BT driver again. I will ask the Android engineer more careful about the release. Frankly speaking, this also pissed me off.
Nagmier: I you don't want this product or can't handle waiting for functional software, put your pine items up for sale. It's better for everyone.
Video 
How do I physically connect the lcd to the pine64 board?  I have the board, a ribbon cable, and the lcd screen: 

[Image: 26978705943_97f33f8025_z.jpg]

I see how the ribbon goes into the DSI slot on the board (metal down as stated in another post) but how to connect the ribbon to the lcd:

[Image: 27553391676_f750b1e5b7_z.jpg]

Am i missing a connector or something?  Or is the lcd mean to connect directly to the DSI slot on the board without using the ribbon?

I have searched this forum and googled extensively, apologies if I have missed some obvious source of info.

thank you.
(06-10-2016, 03:00 PM)armlesstigerman Wrote: How do I physically connect the lcd to the pine64 board?  I have the board, a ribbon cable, and the lcd screen: 

[Image: 26978705943_97f33f8025_z.jpg]

I see how the ribbon goes into the DSI slot on the board (metal down as stated in another post) but how to connect the ribbon to the lcd:

[Image: 27553391676_f750b1e5b7_z.jpg]

Am i missing a connector or something?  Or is the lcd mean to connect directly to the DSI slot on the board without using the ribbon?

I have searched this forum and googled extensively, apologies if I have missed some obvious source of info.

thank you.

Looks like missing an adapter on teh LCD package. Please PM me your shipping address, I will ask shipping facility to ship out one ASAP.
Thanks man.  Knowing that I was missing an adapter, went back to where I had done my unboxing.  Discovered this sucker:

[Image: 26984536543_723c5c754a_q.jpg]

face down it blended in perfectly with floor!
(06-08-2016, 10:07 AM)tllim Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 08:39 AM)nagmier Wrote:

Sorry that I am not aware that the root version broke the BT driver again. I will ask the Android engineer more careful about the release. Frankly speaking, this also pissed me off.

Already QA team to recheck on this build and the bluetooth function is working.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Information & installation of the LCD [GERMAN] JulianM 1 3,054 08-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Last Post: tllim