SSH over USB
Am I the only one who can no longer SSH over USB?
I have an update here, in case anyone else is having this problem. Thanks to @dukla2000 for the idea to run `nmtui`.

What I did is run `sudo nmtui`, then edit the USB connection, and for the IPv4 connection, set it to 'Shared'. Then I went back to the main nmtui screen, then to 'Activat a connection', select USB, and then selevt 'Activate'.

This will not work if the IPv4 connection is set to 'Automatic'. If I try to activate the connection nmtui will say 'connection not available on device usb0 because device has no carrier'.

If I exit out of nmtui, and run ip addr show usb0, now I'll see:

```
usb0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether 42:70:fe:6c:09:71 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 10.66.0.1/24 brd 10.66.0.255 scope global noprefixroute usb0
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 fe80::f137:ad8:84ea:8aef/64 scope link tentative noprefixroute
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

```

If I'm already SSHed into the phone, I can run ssh mobian@10.66.0.1 and ssh back into myself on that IP. however, I can't ssh to 10.66.0.1 from my computer. I can't even ping it.

I should also point out that if I have the wifi off on my phone and I try to ssh to it over lan, it'll say 'no route to host'. But when I connect my phone to the computer with USB, and then try to connect, it just hangs at the CLI and does nothing. Not sure if that's relevant.
Apparently, other people are indeed having this problem: https://gitlab.com/mobian1/devices/sunxi.../issues/11

I cleaned out my USB port, which was pretty gunky, but this didn't solve anything. When I run lsusb, it's clear that my computer doesn't see the connection to the phone, at all. This is regardless of which cable I use, and even if I switch computers. So that seems to be the actual problem.

I have installed umtp-responder, mobian-devtools (I saw a lot of references to pinephone-devtools, but apparently this package doesn't exist anymore), but none of this is relevant if the computer can't see the phone at all.
(10-24-2022, 08:03 AM)3x5co Wrote: Apparently, other people are indeed having this problem: https://gitlab.com/mobian1/devices/sunxi.../issues/11

I  cleaned out my USB port, which was pretty gunky, but this didn't solve anything. When I run lsusb, it's clear that my computer doesn't see the connection to the phone, at all. This is regardless of which cable I use, and even if I switch computers. So that seems to be the actual problem.

I have installed umtp-responder, mobian-devtools (I saw a lot of references to pinephone-devtools, but apparently this package doesn't exist anymore), but none of this is relevant if the computer can't see the phone at all.

Got the same problem with an external non Piphone USB cable, until i just changed it...
Huh. Well my Pinephone came with a long, red cable and that's the one I use. Now I'm using a different cable that I normally use to connect to a UbPorts Google Pixel. The Pixel connects fine with either cable and the pinephone connects with neither.