[WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha
I was doing a zypper refresh and a zypper update and downgraded my kernel afterwards, but it should be possible to update the packages one by one by "zypper install package".
I'm still running from a SD card, as I'm running Arch with Plasma desktop on my emmc.
I had good results with putting a jumpdrive sd card in and then putting the image in via etcher. Dunno if jumpdrive has been updated since, because it had the old panel driver, last time I used it.
The session thing is a good idea I think.

Lastly the main dev Adam Pigg will have an EA tab soon and with that the flash-it script will probably work again.
(11-07-2020, 03:02 AM)peperjohnny Wrote: I was doing a zypper refresh and a zypper update and downgraded my kernel afterwards, but it should be possible to update the packages one by one by "zypper install package".
I'm still running from a SD card, as I'm running Arch with Plasma desktop on my emmc.
I had good results with putting a jumpdrive sd card in and then putting the image in via etcher. Dunno if jumpdrive has been updated since, because it had the old panel driver, last time I used it.
The session thing is a good idea I think.

Lastly the main dev Adam Pigg will have an EA tab soon and with that the flash-it script will probably work again.

Sounds like a plan
When i tried the etcher - it flashed but would not boot
All the files were there though
I even tried to flash direct seperately with Flash it

All of which can wait

Minor update is the bluetooth woke up and went on and off a few times so ---it is working and so is sound (ish)! Again intermittently
Listen I have lots of time to wait for this as I am now busy trying this out on a OP3T (real fast but no bluetooth :-( ) and acquired a cheap OP6T - beastie phone which work with Sailfish like a dream....
I was going to spring the cash on a Pinephone but went for the  OP6T which t leqst works with pretty much everything except finger print and is lightning fast.

For me the pinetab is good enough to have the emmc flashed (now I have learnt to do the Ubuntu again I am less worried about bricking it) so will leave it on the SD Card for now and then retry when the flash it is fixed again.
Regarding a session - which timezone are you both in - think Adam is in the UK (I am too) but we could set up a small session this week?
I'm from GER so one hour ahead.
Adam got his tab today, so maybe the flash-it will work shortly and you could flash emmc via that. I'll update here as soon as possible.
Ok.

Let's try this week. Friday 13th Nov 18:30 CET 17:30 UK - if this time does not work ping me a message: andybleaden@gmail.com
I have a link for a zoom room if that helps here:

We are on the cheap seats as I have a free account = 45 mins only plus its Friday and we can always do another session

Link here:

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/72331348066?pw...VZL0I5QT09

Would like to discuss :
How I can help
How we can flash to an emmc
Priorities and time (available)
Driving up interest in this build

but happy for other topics
I'm terribly sorry, last week was a bit stressfull and I forgot about that. You could join us on telegram where we'll respond to pings I guess. https://t.me/sailfishos_porters
(11-16-2020, 01:19 AM)peperjohnny Wrote: I'm terribly sorry, last week was a bit stressfull and I forgot about that. You could join us on telegram where we'll respond to pings I guess. https://t.me/sailfishos_porters

Dont worry - understand

I used the time instead to test how breaky an upgrade to 3.4 would be ...and it was breaky! However it did run a fair bit smoother

In fact it was nearly as reliable as Alpha 2 but lost some functionality but gained others ...strange....less easy to switch on and off regularly so obviously broken but good to see the improvements  - it broke the keyboard fix and the emails again so back to the Alpha 2 image I think. Bluetooth and sounds got better not worse and especially sounds ie the tablet sounded loud and clear
Strange

Thanks for the invite - will check out telegram - not used much recently but used to use it more in Ubuntu Phone work
1 Now with Pinephone Pro (used to have Pinephone and Pinetab) cooking on Mobian - Seasoned Ubuntu user since 2007
2 Known to break things - often
3 Sometimes known to fix things then see 2 above
I think the break regarding the keyboard is that the targets of 3.4.0 aren't in the built system yet and it needs a recompile against those.
Unfortunately mail will be broken as of 3.4.0 for the time being, because it relies on the browser engine which relies on some android context which we don't have with mesa. Adam has asked for solutions on the last community meeting, but that may take a while.
Thanks for getting back to me. - I was experimenting to see what worked and what did not. Noticeably it made the device (even more) snappier which is something to look forward too.

Sorted the telegram link now thanks
1 Now with Pinephone Pro (used to have Pinephone and Pinetab) cooking on Mobian - Seasoned Ubuntu user since 2007
2 Known to break things - often
3 Sometimes known to fix things then see 2 above
Hi. I got yesterday a Pinebook Pro (white) and i am since i got my 'First One Jolla' a fan of SFOS. How can i support you? I want to help running SFOS on the Pinebook. Hint: I doesn't own any programming skills. Sad
My first thing what i want to do - i download me the image file and write them to a uSD card.
(11-17-2020, 12:41 AM)nicetux Wrote: Hi. I got yesterday a Pinebook Pro (white) and i am since i got my 'First One Jolla' a fan of SFOS. How can i support you? I want to help running SFOS on the Pinebook. Hint: I doesn't own any programming skills. Sad
My first thing what i want to do - i download me the image file and write them to a uSD card.

You have a

Pinebook

or a

PineBook Pro  ??