Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China
(03-25-2021, 08:02 AM)KNERD Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 05:41 AM)lot378 Wrote: Manufacturing outside of China is in decline for the same reasons as it is not as effective on multiple levels as manufacturing within China.

On the decline? I see manufacturing outside China going UP. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company manufactures a lot of products for the big companies. I have recently seen more electronics items made in places like Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia , Indonesia. I think the pandemic is what really started a move out of China after seeing the response from the Chinese government.

Also, here is a decent article from 2019 on companies moving manufacturing out of China.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/12/a-manufa...r-fiction/

So it can be done

While manufacturing has increased in some of China's neighbours, China's manufacturing still has continued growth and remains globally competitive. Some change then in the global supply chain but nothing to get excited over. In terms of scale China's manufacturing output is like Everest compared to neighbours even including Japan. Former manufacturing powerhouses like Germany, USA, Japan, Korea are all still in decline with diminishing shares of global manufactured exports.

The China exodus and decline is all a myth.

Pine64 and the community of board tinkerers are best served by the tight supply chain within China and that will remain unchanged forever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China - by lot378 - 03-28-2021, 07:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,243 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Poll: Move production outside of China? KNERD 10 9,542 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: xalius