My last Pebble recently died. What should I do now?
I was extremely happy to read the news that the Early Adopter editions would be coming soon. I've been holding the buttons on my Pebble 2 in place with tape for a while, and hoping that I could order a sealed PineTime with a bootloader and half-functional software before it finally quit. Alas, that was not meant to be.

I didn't want to order a dev kit because I have more projects than time already and really wouldn't be able to contribute much to the development effort, especially in these early days. Not that that's even an option right now, as the website shows they're out of stock.

I'm not here to complain about the website stock or the development, production, or release timelines. I'm not even here to beg for an update on the release schedule. The things'll be ready when they're ready.

Not being able to receive notifications on my wrist has left me feeling kind of naked, to say nothing of having to pull my phone out of its holster to find out what time it was. It's gotten to the point where I've started getting anxious.

If the dev kits were still in stock late last week, I probably would have bought one and tried to find a way around the fact that they weren't water-resistant. (at least to the "able to wash dishes or take a shower with it on" level)

If you were me, what would you do?

Either buy another Pebble or a low-end Wear-OS watch to tide me over?
Or just suck it up and wait until the Early Adopter PineTimes are available?

Messages In This Thread
My last Pebble recently died. What should I do now? - by melstav - 07-29-2020, 07:55 AM