Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(08-18-2016, 08:55 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: You have so far been discussing this issue as though Pine Inc were Ford Motor Co. 

... Pine Inc is NOT providing a product for consumers in the startup. (this is not about consumer protection)  Pine Inc asked for money to form a startup...  they are specifically NOT providing a product in the kickstarter... 
Yes and no. I have been discussing this as if Pine Inc were like any other company, for purchases from the web store. I believe I mentioned before that Kickstarters were not covered by any consumer protections/forced warranties (as they are rewards for the investment, not a purchase). My apologies if this was not mentioned prior, but I thought I had mentioned that prior. For crowdfunding rewards, the disclaimer on the box isn't even worth the cardboard it is printed on as there is no warranty, express or implied, to limit! 
However, for purchases this is a different thing. The reality of the situation is, though, unless you bought a bucket load of the boards, you would probably just write them off rather than pursue legal action, return for investment ratio just doesn't warrant it. Doesn't mean it is legally or morally right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by pfeerick - 08-19-2016, 02:55 AM