Headphones outputting mono only?
So, I've got my BraveHeart PinePhone fixed up fairly well. I got calls, texts and wifi working, and it's *almost* ready to be my daily driver.

Still got issues with bluetooth, seems running bluetooth at the same time as wifi makes both unpredictable and prone to disconnection, so I have to remove the bluetooth firmware to get a usable experience. That necessitates that I use the audio jack for sound.

No matter what I do, I can only get mono sound, and upon further investigation, it's only outputting on the left channel. I tweaked sxmo_megiaudioroute.c to use "DAC" instead of "Mixer" for the headphone output, set both channels enabled, etc, and then I didn't just get the left channel on both earbuds -- I got the left channel on the left earbud only, and silence on the right earbud.

Megi suggested I don't use that utility for music, but A. I do need phone calls, and B. even when I never use it, e.g. a fresh reboot, the issue persists.

Is anyone else getting mono only? How about anyone who has working stereo? Please also post your phone revision (e.g. braveheart) and the OS you're on.

Messages In This Thread
Headphones outputting mono only? - by Subsentient - 06-15-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Headphones outputting mono only? - by skeezix - 06-26-2020, 04:46 AM
RE: Headphones outputting mono only? - by wibble - 06-17-2020, 08:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headphones vs Headset detection jmorris 2 3,100 03-19-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: jmorris