Will Raspbian binaries run on the Pinbook pro?
(06-14-2020, 02:30 PM)dieselnutjob Wrote: I don't suppose that anyone would be generous enough to try it out for me?
I guess that I won't be able to post links on my second post, but if you google "pscan rover tool" then my software will be the top hit.
From there click "install" at the top
"download and install software"
then "linux"
The download is a 32 bit arm binary
it doesn't need root or any special privilege
Bung it in a folder and when you run it it will download a second binary and a text file.

Obviously if you are security conscious you might consider this a bad idea, but maybe if someone happens to be about to blow away their OS to put another one or something maybe they wouldn't mind?

thanks, DNJ

I can give this a go when I get mine, I should have it by the 22nd but if I get it this week I can definitely spend some time on that over the weekend. I'm also curious about binary compatibility between the PBP/Rockchip and my RPi 4. As I've stated elsewhere, my ultimate goal with the PBP is to get Slackware ARM running on it as a daily driver OS (I don't know if anyone else is working or planning to work on this, it's more of a personal pet project).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Raspbian binaries run on the Pinbook pro? - by kaidenshi - 06-17-2020, 08:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Selling Pinbook Pro AND pinephone convergence package poltergiest 2 2,232 03-08-2022, 10:12 AM
Last Post: poltergiest
  SOLD: Pinbook Pro (US) migel628 1 1,990 02-21-2021, 12:14 AM
Last Post: iMav
  Xen to run Manjaro and Raspbian marawuti 8 9,875 05-09-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: wwtaylor