UART2 on PI header (pin 8 and 10)
(04-15-2016, 02:28 PM)martinayotte Wrote: Yes, I've already sent email to Simon (longsleep) yesterday, and he answered me this morning. We will stay in touch !

I've now need to dig out stuff in this aarch64 tree, the I2C-dev are not working yet ...

Great, let's stay calm, improve things, ignore the noise Smile

(04-15-2016, 02:39 PM)umiddelb Wrote: Having one or two forum moderators/editors doing their job

That's not enough. Please have in mind that newbies backed these boards on KS without having any experiences with this stuff. So if they didn't received a bent board they produce a DOA on the few meters between unpacking the board on the kitchen table and their TV since the carpet is the enemy (electrostatics).

And the most frustrating part: ALL, and really ALL reasons why the boards won't boot or seem to not boot are known in the meantime. And the Pine64 folks don't care. They really like to get a bad reputation instead of fixing this. Or they're just another example of hardware guys who think about customers in the very same way. People that buy hardware and not people who want to use their hardware.

There exist(ed) a few different real issues that affected the ability to boot this or that OS image. All well known and understood. And instead of pointing users to a central location where they could check what's wrong they allow that the forums are full of nonsense. For example: there exist 2 different Ethernet issues that are not related at all but are confused all the times a user asks and another user answers. Provide a simple and short quickstart guide and you enable everyone to get past this point. What do they? Don't care. Such a mess.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UART2 on PI header (pin 8 and 10) - by tkaiser - 04-15-2016, 02:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System LED mounting option using header pins and remote LED for use in the ABS case MarkHaysHarris777 1 3,974 08-28-2016, 07:02 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Exp Header UART for TTL is True Serial Console (very nice) MarkHaysHarris777 12 17,041 08-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777