UART2 on PI header (pin 8 and 10)
(04-15-2016, 08:51 AM)tkaiser Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 05:53 AM)rahlquist Wrote: please dont try to fragment the community.

Just for your information: The developer community is known as linux-sunxi: http://linux-sunxi.org/Main_Page

This here is a rather useless forum where the same questions arise again and again since no one collects the stuff and makes the knowledge spread useable. Read as: It's unbelievable that the Pine64 folks don't provide a quickstart guide that contains the stuff we collected here already, eg. my list of common boot problems.
@tkaiser
I've seen the linux-sunxi pages. 

You may consider it useless but it is the first stop for probably 80% of the people looking for a hand. Does that mean its easy to find answers, nope not at all. Look I know you know your stuff. I have seen your posts here and elsewhere. Lots of dislike for this project. I get it, the core hardware is a largely not overtly friendly to OSS piece. I get that the marketing for the pine made it sound like a microcontroller combination of Mary Poppins and Some hot stripper driving a tank through your needs. Now the time is here for damage control, the end users who bought thinking they were getting something as refined as a Tivo and powerful as a desktop are asking questions. Sometimes its better to answer the question more than once on the forum vs sending them out to 10 other sites because the Pine management hasnt figured out how the hell to do support. I agree there should be a quickstart guide. I mean ffs people are still confused as to what os has what problem on what hardware with what Ethernet.  It's asinine I get it. Just trying to get people to focus a bit more on getting the answer here before sending people off into the ether.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UART2 on PI header (pin 8 and 10) - by rahlquist - 04-15-2016, 09:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System LED mounting option using header pins and remote LED for use in the ABS case MarkHaysHarris777 1 3,986 08-28-2016, 07:02 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Exp Header UART for TTL is True Serial Console (very nice) MarkHaysHarris777 12 17,092 08-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777