Weather Station and IoT Kits?
(03-15-2016, 12:24 AM)carlosviansi Wrote: Thank you KH Goh :-) Hopefully by the time I get my pieces together I can wrap up the tutorial with some videos for our wiki. Your answers did bring me three more questions:

From Q5) What do you mean by no timestamp? We can't know when the sensor sampled the data? This basically kills the application of this data. The need here is a stream of sensor data coming in the Pine A64 with their timestamp that from time to time through a cron job upload to an online database (best case scenario, on Real Time or delayed by a few seconds/minutes). The timestamp is critical to understand the conditions in the room and even make informed decisions on the usages depending on the date and hour (we will have a dashboard online). I am not clear what would then mean no timestamp is available. Could you elaborate a bit more?

Q7) Depending on your answer to Q5), I would also like to know if it is possible to ensure all the sensors are synced (i.e. one sensor doesn't sample at 05:20:33 and the other at 05:20:35.

Q8) It sounded to me the Wifi remote I2C would have no means to store any data at all. Is this correct? Typically the device used has some memory to keep storing the readings and is emptied by an external device when loading on the computer (in this set-up, I envisioned the Pine as the computer and the remote being able to store the data to be emptied from time to time). However I am now confused after what you said on Q5).

Thanks!
You can imagine Wifi Remote I2c is just the bridge between the sensor and the server in PineA64. And the Server is just another bigger bridge that allow you application to reach the sensor. When your application (be it install in the PC or install in Pine64) connect to the Server, your application will be able to direct get the sensor data (by requesting a I2c read command) through the Server and Wifi Remote I2c. Your application will be the one having full control on when to extract data from any one of the sensor. So the timestamp should be coming from your application. In the future, if you have eg. an I2c eeprom hock on the Wifi Remote I2c bus, you application can read or write data from/to the EEProm without changing any or the firmware (in the WiFi remote I2c device) and the Server code. You just need to modify your application to add in this feature.

[Image: Weather_Station_topology.JPG]

Messages In This Thread
Weather Station and IoT Kits? - by carlosviansi - 03-11-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: Weather Station and IoT Kits? - by NWUK - 03-12-2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Weather Station and IoT Kits? - by khgoh - 03-14-2016, 05:32 PM
RE: Weather Station and IoT Kits? - by khgoh - 03-14-2016, 11:37 PM
RE: Weather Station and IoT Kits? - by khgoh - 03-15-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: Weather Station and IoT Kits? - by khgoh - 03-15-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: Weather Station and IoT Kits? - by khgoh - 03-16-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: Weather Station and IoT Kits? - by wanthalf - 07-28-2016, 08:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project DAW Platform: Fully capable Audio Production, Recording Station speedro86 4 7,149 10-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: speedro86
  Mounted Calendar and Info Station fsa317 10 14,430 06-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Last Post: fsa317