High Level Conceptual Question - IoT, maker type projects
(08-11-2016, 08:00 AM)HayseedGeek Wrote: It threw lots of error messages about casting Null to Int in the *.c file, so I assume even though the GPIO interface is consistent on the PI-2 connector, the internal addressing scheme for DMA and such is quite different on the Pine64.  Is there some reference I can use to port the RPi addresses used in that one source file to Allwinner A64 addresses? Or am I barking up the wrong tree there?

I think you're barking up the right tree... 

... and its all in the sources for RPi.GPIO-PineA64.  Back in the day of free software and before the open-source term came along, we would say, in true Jedi master style, "Use the force, read the source...   read the source Luke"

Yes the dts|dtb stuff on the PineA64 is completely different from the Raspberry PI !  It is after all, and completely different SoC manufactured by a completely different vendor; yes, an Arm design, but a completely different piece of hardware.   For instance, on the Raspberry PI there is no LCD back-light pwm  ( S-PWM PL10 ) on GPIO04 !  GPIO04 pin(7) on the PI bus, should be available for general use, but is not by default on the PineA64.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: High Level Conceptual Question - IoT, maker type projects - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-11-2016, 12:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Website for Pine64 projects cookeys 8 11,817 05-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Last Post: rahlquist
  Question about Shields monmoonmooonmoooon 2 5,660 01-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Last Post: monmoonmooonmoooon