MMS message being displayed delayed
Behavior is that SMS works great, when the phone is in suspend it shows I get a message and I can go see that message. No SMS issues.
In a MMS (group text) pretty much all the time as best as I can tell (very easy to reproduce/test), the following happens:

If the phone is in suspend it wakes, but no message is shown in the notification area of the locked screen. No message is in chatty.
If the phone is un-locked the back light dims when the message is "received". No message is in chatty.
The message will seemingly show up at a random time, and often multiple messages come in at the same time. Often out of order but with the correct time of receipt. 

If I kill mmsdtng and run it in a terminal, when a message is received there are 8 lines of text that describes the message (Body length, MMS transaction ID, MMS version, etc).
Then an error "Failed to get data (http status =404), 
error "POST m.notify.resp.ind failed with a status 404, 
These two errors repeat several times
and error g_uri_parse: assertion 'uri_string != NULL' failed

Things I have tried:
Reinstalling chatty from the software center.
Forcibly killing chatty and restarting it.
MMS proxy port number with and without
Checked to see if ForceCAres=true in ~/.mms/modemmanager/mms
Tried setting ForceCAres=false

Phone info:
Pinephone with Postmarketos 20230710-0752-postmarketOS-v23.06-phosh-22.2-pine64-pinephone running chatty version 0.7.2 and mmsd-tng version 2.3.0.

I have my APN settings set in chatty for Puretalk as

MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

APN: RESELLER
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net  ( I have tried it both with and without the PORT # 80 at the end)

I think I may have found the problem, but I do not know how it happened.

There were 18 messages in ~/.mms/modemmanager/. Sending a new message added one more.
Some of these dated back to July.

I deleted all of them and it appears that for now the messages are received and processed and then deleted out of ~/.mms/modemmanager/ .

So now my question would be what caused this?

Messages In This Thread
MMS message being displayed delayed - by car46999 - 09-12-2023, 10:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine phone Junior, message phone ? bcnaz 22 14,540 09-30-2021, 12:04 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Germany batch will be delayed vicky 80 101,068 10-01-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: tllim
Thumbs Up Phone arrived; a message of thanks ReleaseTheGeese 2 3,493 07-09-2020, 08:15 AM
Last Post: ReleaseTheGeese