Questions Before I Buy Anything
Honestly, Steam seemed far fetched when I asked. I only know it works on some Linux machines because Steam Decks exist. :p

I figure the SSD installation is more doable on one of these as its designed to be opened, as opposed to the 20 screws and puzzle design of my MSI.

I figure most of my home computer time is mooching around on the internet. I do game on it, but with its aging 1060, that's becoming a more limited prospect. Further, with my PS5, I'll probably shift back to just a sturdy laptop rather than a medium range gaming rig fo mry next windows pc.

I do want to get a Linux machine eventually to see if I can get the hang of it before I have to upgrade. I read in an FTC case against Microsoft, (antitrust via ActivisionBlizzar I believe,) they were forced to unveil long range plans of turning Windows into a cloud-based subscription service.

Fuck.
That.

But yeah. Under your recommendation, if I go that route I'll likely try a cheap X86 instead.

I do own a PineTime and enjoy the thing. Still looking for a watchband that is thin enough for it though. I tried two from Amazon and had to send both back. They're the right width, but too thick.

Anyway. Thanks.

If anyone else has any advice, please still post.

Messages In This Thread
Questions Before I Buy Anything - by Tourma - 07-09-2023, 03:21 AM
RE: Questions Before I Buy Anything - by zetabeta - 07-09-2023, 10:05 AM
RE: Questions Before I Buy Anything - by tophneal - 07-10-2023, 10:12 AM
RE: Questions Before I Buy Anything - by Tourma - 07-10-2023, 05:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New to Pinebook Pro and lots of questions! Anarethos 2 3,781 12-29-2020, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Anarethos