Is there a useable distrobution for the pbp -- without wayland?
My wants are simple. A stable pbp computer that runs Xorg, one that hibernates, or at least sleeps when I fold the computer. Virtually all the software that I need and want to use are old and stable programs that have worked on unix systems for years. I am happy to use Xfce with a drop-down terminal, or a better yet tiling window manager such as dwm.

Is it necessary that I use wayland with the pbp? Yes, wayland has all these great advantages, but from what I have seen I can easily and happily exist without all of those great advantages, and so I do not see a good reason to deal with the current wayland headaches, and I can accept having a slightly lower battery life on this pbp.

What would be the simplest way to set up the pbp to be a system running Xorg that reliably hibernates? Which distros would work best? For me this would make the pbp a daily driver. I am not adverse to using a *bsd distribution if that would be easier. I prefer a LTS system over one with constant updates.

Messages In This Thread
Is there a useable distrobution for the pbp -- without wayland? - by RandB - 07-04-2023, 11:14 AM