PP Pro caught in Mask Rom Mode?
Hello!

A couple of days ago I wanted to try Postmarket OS again with my PP Pro, which I'm not using regularily. I flashed the latest image on the Sd card.

Since then I wasn't able to boot the phone again, no LED blinking, no vibration, nothing. First I thought I might have drained the battery.

So I tried the procedure mentioned here: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...ly_drained and charged the phone the whole night. Without success. 
It's not the battery as the battery works in my Pinephone.

What I already know:
- The image on the SD Card is fine
- The battery is working and charged
- none of the helpful procedure are working (i.e. holding volume up while powering the phone or try to bypass the emmc while booting up)
- there is the pre-installed image on the emmc (which isn't booting either)

What is strange:
As soon as I plug in the phone on my computer, it is shown in "mask rom mode" ("ID 2207:330c Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics Company RK3399 in Mask ROM mode") which shouldn't be the case if I'm not following the explicit procedure, right?

Anyone any idea?

Additional Information:
- Unfortunately I'm not sure which Bootloader is installed on the device. I ordered my PP Pro in March '22, but I believe I installed a different bootloader...
- I created the postmarket os image with pmbootstrap, using my laptop with fedora workstation. The image was written on the sd card with dd

Messages In This Thread
PP Pro caught in Mask Rom Mode? - by nieral - 03-05-2023, 01:27 PM
RE: PP Pro caught in Mask Rom Mode? - by nieral - 03-06-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: PP Pro caught in Mask Rom Mode? - by fxc - 03-06-2023, 04:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Phone won't boot into recovery mode ninjapig26@gmail.com 3 1,861 02-18-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: fxc
Wink Monitor mode packet injection and external wireless adapter chedder_bob 2 2,230 01-05-2023, 01:38 AM
Last Post: RTP