Tried to reinstall, died
(08-20-2022, 07:12 PM)elitegamercody Wrote: I am in the exact same boat. I don't understand - every image besides Manjaro doesn't want to boot, I realize Manjaro gets the best kernel/fw support but whatever.

Anyways, to fix this behavior, I did the following:

DO NOT try and use a generic image from the Manjaro website. It did not work for me. Maybe you will fare better.

Grab a release image from https://github.com/manjaro-arm/pbpro-images/releases ;

Using an eMMC to USB reader (I have an ODROID one):
Code:
xz -d Manjaro-...-pbpro-XX.XX.img.xz
dd if= Manjaro-..-pbpro-XX.XX.img of=/your/eMMC/mountpoint bs=1024m
Or extract the xz and use a utility like balenaEtcher.

Seat the eMMC, screw down the back (do NOT try and operate the lid hinge while the bottom shell of the machine is off), open the lid, and boot up.

This fixed my boot issue. For some reason the 22.06/22.04 releases cause a kernel panic on my device. I have been verifying them using the sha provided within the release.

Is there any way to find a working OS image or a mirror to download a working eMMC image hosted somewhere by Pine? Don't understand why it is so hard to obtain the factory image.

I can get into U-Boot but it won't detect my SD card - is it not listed as an eMMC device? Are there any Pine developers who'd know what to supply to the UBoot console to boot off of an SD card? Are any of the 2022 PBP releases of Manjaro actually tested?

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Tried to reinstall, died - by mkomarinski - 05-06-2022, 11:48 AM
RE: Tried to reinstall, died - by untitled - 08-19-2022, 07:38 AM
RE: Tried to reinstall, died - by wpeckham - 08-20-2022, 09:52 AM
RE: Tried to reinstall, died - by KC9UDX - 08-20-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: Tried to reinstall, died - by elitegamercody - 08-20-2022, 07:12 PM
RE: Tried to reinstall, died - by elitegamercody - 08-21-2022, 08:27 AM