Where's the parts?
The pinephone ad site is quoted as below saying:

""How repairable is the PinePhone Pro?

Just as the original PinePhone, the PinePhone Pro is built to be user repairable and we will offer spare parts in the Pine Store. The store’s selection will include all parts that frequently break if the device is dropped (the screen, back case and mid section) as well as all electronic components, including the mainboard.

The PinePhone Pro is held together by standard Phillips screws –  all you need to repair it is a suitable screwdriver and some spare time. ""

Where are the parts promised to be made available?  I am totally frustrated at not being able to replace the sd/sim holder on my PPP.  No response on multiple emails to pinephone except to say that my query was forwarded to "parts dept".  I see no real parts list in the store except for backcovers, new phones or addon components.

A crazy offer was made by pinephone re: sd/sim card holders.  Take your phone to a repair shop, take pictures, send them to China, wait for a reply, then maybe you'll get a $0.35 free part in the mail.  You have to pay for the shipping.  Has anyone gone through this process?  Has anyone received a new sd/sim holder?

The above steps to replace a sd/sim card holder in the pinephone replacement program above do not seem compatible with their advertised goals stated in the advertising.

If I was a lawyer, or familiar with the procedures I would instigate a class action suit on behalf of the pinephone customers against pinephone.  I think there is grounds. Of course collecting from a chinese entity is probably impossible.

So, anyone received a replacement sd/sim card holder?

tom kosvic

Messages In This Thread
Where's the parts? - by tckosvic - 05-06-2022, 08:42 AM
RE: Where's the parts? - by fxc - 05-07-2022, 01:55 PM
RE: Where's the parts? - by tckosvic - 05-08-2022, 09:15 AM
RE: Where's the parts? - by fxc - 05-08-2022, 04:06 PM
RE: Where's the parts? - by wibble - 05-08-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: Where's the parts? - by jhasler - 05-09-2022, 11:33 AM
RE: Where's the parts? - by fxc - 05-10-2022, 04:17 AM
RE: Where's the parts? - by wibble - 05-10-2022, 06:05 AM
RE: Where's the parts? - by fxc - 05-10-2022, 07:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…