Marked dropoff in forum activity
(04-19-2022, 11:09 AM)grinzie Wrote: tckosvic:

On my Beta Convergence, my original AT&T prepaid SIM always worked.

When I tried to switch to Tracfone, I spent over a week trying to get the Beta to consistently recognize the new SIM card, without success.

The AT&T card was MicroSIM, the Tracfone card was NanoSIM with adapter (their adapter worked better than the one included with the Beta).

Eventually, after driving from Arizona to Texas, the Tracfone SIM was recognized and has remained so, even upon returning to Arizona.

I still have no idea what made the difference.

In particular, I still do not know if carrier status affects card recognition.

Do you have other SIM cards to test?

Maybe try visiting a carrier store and asking if they have a demo SIM card you can test.

This worked for me at T-Mobile and Verizon (neither was recognized).

Maybe the SIM slot is defective but replacing it won't fix the problem.

I, like you, avoid social media, and I am not inclined to create five accounts in the hopes of having an intelligent conversation that moves this ball forward, which is what we all want.

However, if I do engage in one or two of these social-style channels, I will let you know how it goes.

To reiterate, my sim card, consumer cellular, did work in PPP.  It worked for voice, sms, and mms with manjaro phosh. It then stopped working..  I think sim/sd holder is broken after countless re-inserts of sd card.  When I take the sim card out of PPP and put it in older PP phone, it makes calls so I don't thimk sim card is the problem.  Other causes of it stopping working could be a modem hardware failure or modem software.  I tried a bunch of OS to see if other software fixed the issue but no success.  I have no idea how to diagnose for a modem hardware failure.   Only thing I have available to try is to replace sd/sim card holder but I can't get the part.

tom kosvic

Messages In This Thread
Marked dropoff in forum activity - by tckosvic - 04-09-2022, 10:28 AM
RE: Marked dropoff in forum activity - by fxc - 04-09-2022, 05:52 PM
RE: Marked dropoff in forum activity - by lot378 - 04-14-2022, 06:38 AM
RE: Marked dropoff in forum activity - by brb78 - 04-14-2022, 07:35 PM
RE: Marked dropoff in forum activity - by lot378 - 04-15-2022, 06:12 PM
RE: Marked dropoff in forum activity - by lot378 - 04-16-2022, 04:12 PM
RE: Marked dropoff in forum activity - by grinzie - 04-19-2022, 11:09 AM
RE: Marked dropoff in forum activity - by tckosvic - 05-01-2022, 12:34 PM
RE: Marked dropoff in forum activity - by TRS-80 - 04-30-2022, 08:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has this forum resulted in changes to new pinephonero? tckosvic 4 2,463 05-05-2022, 01:41 PM
Last Post: zetabeta