Equipment to deal with possible bricking
(01-30-2022, 05:45 PM)Conjada Wrote: Im glad i ordered an extra battery. I got the charger from Amazon today (choices were pretty limited) and it is slooooooow. Hopefully, the battery will be the right one. Be here tomorrow. Wanted to ask @Otter, can you describe how you will be using the FTDI adapter? I have one, but havent usef it very often and followed a “recipe” when i did.

ETA: The charger i got looks very similar to yours, but isnt the same. If you dont mind, let me know if yours is faster. My battery was at about 25% when I started charging. About 5 hours later, it is almost charged…lol. My charger is only putting out about 600 mA, according to packaging.

I got my serial cable built. I used the cable that came with it stripped the ends of the three wires I was going to use to connect and tinned them before connecting them and testing with an Ohm meter. I also did a simple loop back test after loading the driver for the adapter on my PC. I am using Kitty instead of Putty to test.

For the most part this cable is probably most useful to see if the system is working even if the display is off.  It will also allow configuration commands to be sent. SFor the most part I too will be following recipes. Till I learn more, I will be searching for what others have done. Hopefully I won't have the opportunity to become skilled with this and instead it will be a tool on the shelf reserved for the day my phone inevitably bricks. Smile Since it isn't expensive, I would rather have it handy than have to wait on one to show up and have never tested it when my phone has serious issues.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Equipment to deal with possible bricking - by Otter - 01-30-2022, 11:58 PM