It Was Going So Well...
In 1997 when I started using Linux there was always something that almost worked, every update broke something, it generally took a lot of babysitting. Now, 25 years later, my Linux computer is way less fussy than the Windows computers at work. However, it's still a PC, still has issues.

I'm confident that all the distros are going to make great strides in the coming year or two, and will soon get to the same point that Mainstream Desktop linux is at today. Will that be good enough? Maybe.

Phones are supposed to just work, aren't supposed to have issues. In the PC desktop world we accept frequents updates and occasional issues, even with stable linux distros. I wonder if we will ever get the extreme reliability for the basic phone functions that we currently get from a stupid flip phone? Linux-as-phone may be a category error: maybe the better answer is a dedicated HMI for the modem, that just does phone/SMS/MMS, but does it 100% of the time. Unfortunately, I don't think that's cool enough that any significant number will work on it.
Pinephone beta edition, convergence model, Mobian Bookworm with Phosh.

Messages In This Thread
It Was Going So Well... - by Dog House Dave - 12-20-2021, 04:19 PM
RE: It Was Going So Well... - by nelstomlinson - 12-21-2021, 06:09 PM