Why can't we have an alternative to DHL??
(03-18-2024, 03:30 PM)diederik Wrote: You're drawing conclusions on things I did NOT say.

Other people from the EU may not have the Standard Shipping option at all. And if they do, it may f.e. take 40+ days.
The order amount and the tax policies of your country can also be a factor. In .nl, if the amount is > EUR 150 then you have to pay import taxes (next to VAT), for which the delivery corp can charge processing fees.

40+ days for Air shipment is too much. It's much better in Canada.

My bad, I mis-read your reply as I originally ask for your cost via DHL.

I have no issue on paying tax to my country. I'm aware of that and I'm ok with that.

Below is what I need to pay when I order from Pine64 to Canada:

1. the cost of the item itself.
2. the shipping cost $30.
3. import tax (including the VAT) to my government 13% of the item price.
4. DHL handling fee. (the ransom) - no where in the shipping policy saying this cost
5. extra tax (i.e. VAT in your terms) on DHL handling fee. (you pay tax on paying the ransom)

Do I read it right that even in EU, DHL can charge for the handling fee and you guys are paying it as well?

Then back to my point: Why we cannot have the choice to choose Standard mail. Yes I know it's going to take 40+ days. I just don't want to pay ransom.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't we have an alternative to DHL?? - by chip ling - 03-19-2024, 08:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there an alternative email other than shipping@pine64.com Fusion_3.64 5 8,791 07-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Fusion_3.64