pogo contacts for usb
> Pogo ? Keyboard ?

Yeah like many thin tablet keyboard covers.  My Eve V has that kind of keyboard (and the keyboard itself is infamously poor quality, but I think the pogo flex-circuit connector design is OK), my Acer Switch 7 has one, pretty sure it's common on Windows tablets.  I wish the pinouts were standardized and I could make a nice keyboard that would work with all these devices.  Here's one... maybe there is some sort of ad-hoc standard since they aren't advertising which device it's for, it just says 5-pin USB:  https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/P...62798.html  another one like that: https://www.ecvv.com/product/4843197.html  "Windows Pogo 5 Pin" as if it's a standard.  But the Acer has 5, the Eve has 6.  The first device I found that had pogo contacts was the Nexus 7 2012; but they used them for power and audio I think, not USB, which was silly.  I never got the overpriced dock for it.

> Does the work to create a keyboard for the PinePhone could be used ?

Probably, but isn't that a tiny keyboard?  I want something like an Atreus or Lily58 layout.  I will make a laptop-sized board that has a good angle for each half of the keys, as if it was a split keyboard.  Will use choc switches probably.

> A simple cable between the PinePhone's keyboard and the PineNote could be adequate. A modification of the keyboard could be necessary.

No that's probably what we will end up with, because the current design has only a USB port and nothing else.  But cables stick out and tend to get bumped, stressing the connector each time.  So then you end up wanting the lowest-profile right-angle USB type C connector that you can find, and that's also hard to find.

Or Bluetooth, of course, that's another fallback, but somewhat less reliable than a wired connection.  I sometimes use a BT keyboard with my Eve because the original keyboard is so bad.

Messages In This Thread
pogo contacts for usb - by ecloud - 08-19-2021, 04:23 PM
RE: pogo contacts for usb - by Gribouille - 08-20-2021, 04:46 AM
RE: pogo contacts for usb - by ecloud - 08-20-2021, 03:23 PM