What Now for Google Users?
(03-03-2021, 05:02 PM)z4v4l Wrote:
Quote:I really suspect Edge is not faster than Firefox if it supports the same feature set. The only way I would expect to see Edge be faster on Windows is if they are using new/undocumented features to give themselves an unfair advantage.
and your suspicion is based on?... right, on the prejudice, formed by sh1tloads of lying BS thrown onto MS. you can see, what features it is using by its import analysis. functions, classes, whatever it uses, it cannot hide. by reverse engineering after all. have you done that and have you the proofs for your claims? My "suspicion" is you haven't.

there is nothing "unfair" in being better in quality and it really is - it takes less CPU for the same tasks (for example playing videos), page rendering activity (scrolling, repositioning elements) and it certainly consumes way less memory. it's what can be easily observed by just freaking using both and not reading some random sh1tsite of a crazy m0r0n, obsessed with hatred to Bill Gates for several decades.

From a website called 'TheWindowsClub' [1], it seems Edge is better for video and audio, with Firefox being better for online transactions and games.

I have not looked at the imports as I haven't really used Windows since Vista (what an awful OS that was), but better video and audio would indicate better kernel integration for acceleration. I remember reading an article about how Edge was using non-documented functionality in Windows, but I cannot find it.

The other problem is that the other browsers build engines to run across a wider-range of software and hardware platforms - and these smaller improvements are just one in a long list of items to be done.

In terms of solving the original issues the poster asked, Firefox in my opinion offers the best transition of data and allows for a similar setup to that of Chrome/Chromium.

[1] https://www.thewindowsclub.com/edge-vs-f...al-browser

(03-03-2021, 11:21 AM)TRS-80 Wrote: I realized some years ago that by depending on any particular piece of software to keep links, bookmarks (or anything, really), you will ultimately be tied into that software / ecosystem.  Now, IMO Mozilla/Firefox are much more trustworthy than Google/Chrome in this regard (much less Microsoft/Edge), but ultimately you are still tied to the whims / fortunes of Mozilla (or whoever else).

I know of a plugin that converts all of your Firefox tabs to a filesystem - could be useful for scripting together something that auto-builds a list for you!

Messages In This Thread
What Now for Google Users? - by jc1685 - 02-26-2021, 04:12 PM
RE: What Now for Google Users? - by barray - 02-26-2021, 09:26 PM
RE: What Now for Google Users? - by jc1685 - 03-02-2021, 05:15 PM
RE: What Now for Google Users? - by z4v4l - 03-02-2021, 05:37 PM
RE: What Now for Google Users? - by barray - 03-03-2021, 01:35 AM
RE: What Now for Google Users? - by TRS-80 - 03-03-2021, 11:21 AM
RE: What Now for Google Users? - by moonwalkers - 03-03-2021, 01:23 PM
RE: What Now for Google Users? - by z4v4l - 03-03-2021, 05:02 PM
RE: What Now for Google Users? - by barray - 03-03-2021, 07:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Meet on the Pinebook Pro carlosqueso 2 3,844 10-06-2020, 10:59 AM
Last Post: carlosqueso
  Chromium on Pinebook Pro blocked by Google: "This browser or app may not be secure" lowry 4 6,537 03-05-2020, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Eight Bit
  Pinebook Pro for novice users? mzs.112000 7 6,776 10-21-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bcnaz