Error with Keysmith / Kirigami - Please help
Hey everyone, I've just posted this on Keysmith's issues page at https://invent.kde.org/utilities/keysmith/-/issues but I thought I'd crosspost here as I am in some dire straits.

I got my KDE Plasma CE (Manjaro) Pinephone yesterday and began the process of putting my details in.

I put some 2FA accounts and keys into Keysmith and it worked perfectly. I had to unregister my other device to get a new TOTP key, so all of my keys are stored on the Pinephone in Keysmith. After using it last night, everything ran fine. Perhaps I was a bit foolish to put this data into an experimental phone, but of all things I didn't expect the 2FA app to fail, and initially it was running perfectly.

I didn't do much with it last night except a system update. When I opened it again this afternoon, I get a blank screen. I have no idea what changed.

When opened from the terminal, it gives me an error message saying "org.kde.keysmith.accounts.actions: Unable to unlock storage:failed to request password for accounts".

Directly before that is a message saying "file://usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.breeze.AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:62: Type Error: Cannot read property 'header' of null"

I don't know enough about KDE development to hazard a guess, but could it be that something in the Kirigami interface isn't working, and is blocking the usual password dialog? This feels like a very small software error that can be solved by deleting a cache or changing a settings file, but I have no idea what I need to do.

All I really want is to be able to get access to my 2FA tokens! I need them to log in to my email and banking.

Messages In This Thread
Error with Keysmith / Kirigami - Please help - by aus_pinephone - 02-11-2021, 03:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [solved]no more call received [ModemManager, QMI protocol error] alexandre 1 2,863 04-19-2021, 05:57 AM
Last Post: alexandre