inquiring about PP and tracking-newbie
(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: I woke up since the pandemic. was damn asleep in the sheep flow like most. you were smarter,  woke up sooner. shame you didnt nudge me to wake up. yes definitely have some ways to go. but so psyched there are options. im willing to give up convenience for not cooperating with any of the big 5. apple I will never buy again. amazon I dont use. Fb is out. this was my goto profile for contacts to get work.
I lost my career as a wedding photographer because of c19. and trying to control my life, I realize I have no options. so im trying to limit  from those trying to control me and tweaking any annoyances. my stress levels are already through the roof. till I can get back on track im trying to hold on to any control I can get.
I'm not so worried about this whole covid-19 and the more recent covid-21 (right now they just call it "mutated covid string", but this is the name they have planned on years ago) conspiracy theory.
The government here lets businesses decide their own "corona" rules, and the vast majority of them only have plastic at cash registers, bottles of alcohol at entrances, and signs requesting people to wear a mask, but nobody is enforcing any of the rules, and most people are perfectly OK if you don't follow them.
Even police doesn't give a damn.

So for the most part, "corona restrictions" is mostly just virtue signaling.

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: I watch a lot of rob braxman videos. im not a huge fan but a lot of things he says opened my eyes.
Rob Braxman is the guy who introduced me to the Pinephone.
I already knew about Librem 5, but it looked like it took Purism forever to release it.

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: I thought gps is not connected to location services.
GPS isn't connected to location services.
GPS == location services.

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: I salute Snowden and wish him the best and his new baby good health. if it wasnt for him, people would not know.
I can agree with that, except he seemingly forgot to let anyone know what the CIA is doing, and only exposed the NSA.
The real reason why he leaked all of that was due to a power struggle in America between CIA and NSA, both of which got way too powerful, and were competing over absolute power and control.

Some relevant military intelligence:
[Image: unknown.png]

Bonus, notice the waiving guy on the 4th floor of the building on the left:
https://qagg.news/images/9149e0e0e13f6bb...0eba69.png
Still believing he's actually in Russia?
Obama was the harshest president against whistleblowers, but why did he leave Snowden alone?

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: will not be using CC on my phone. I dont use it now either. only browse through laptop or pc's.
I didn't mean "do you use a credit card on a phone?", but rather "would you blast your credit card details in public view at all?".

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: it used to be in the past that people I knew varies chat apps. viber line and some others. now only whatsapp. and thats a shame. profile fingerprinting and is what pisses me off. I will ultimately have to cut out of whatsapp.
I'm using LINE.
It's not a privacy chat system (the only truly private chat system are handwritten notes passed along).
It's for the same reason as what you said about WhatsApp, except in my country LINE is by far the most widely used chat app.
The only ones I know in real life who uses WhatsApp are some foreigners, and even then it's just a select few of them.

This is one of the reasons why I still have iPhones and Android phones lying around at home, and I keep them at home at all times.

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: im just a nobody. my hate are to the internet giantsI hate ccp. theyre absolutely shet. did you see the taiwanese? they knew who they were dealing with. when it started, they were like "uh uh, screw this, were closing the doors" and they came out unscathed. 
All of us here in Asia are against the CCP pretty much, it's not only the Taiwanese.
Except very few seem to understand how much power the CCP has over the continent.
Even in our government, the vast majority are either Chinese or Korean, which goes completely against our constitution (which is why each time we the people request them to show their proof of citizenship, they refuse).

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: if im on a linux phone then less worry but documents are usually to email and not having any sensitive pics on phone at all.
Email is a very underestimated security risk, bigger than you think.
Privacy isn't limited to just having dick pics yes or no.

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: I will try a few and see which is good enough. I realize its all a work in progress.  im only looking for minimal functionality. kind of like a dumb phone without the dumbed down gui that you get with the older nokia bar/flip/kb phones.
How about modern flip phones then?
They have a decent UI with still some bits of nostalgia in them.
They are running on an degoogled Android base underneath, so you can install Android apps on them using ADB on your PC if you want to, but without Google anywhere (unless you install Gapps of course).
Although not sure if they'd work where you live, but I've seen YouTubers from Thailand and Vietnam using them in their countries with no problem.

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: ive never installed/flashed any rom/os, but is flashing or booting from/an os on the PP is through sd card?
yup.

(12-28-2020, 04:09 PM)rocketman122 Wrote: not connected to a computer or installed on the phone memory?
yup.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry

Messages In This Thread
RE: inquiring about PP and tracking-newbie - by ryo - 12-29-2020, 12:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Security vulnerability tracking sirspate 0 1,770 03-04-2020, 12:59 PM
Last Post: sirspate