Irritating High frequency sound.
Ive noticed at least when running UB Touch on my pinephone it often, and randomly, starts emitting a very high pitch and annoying sound, probably around 18-22kHz since its barely audible, but loud (high dB) and very irritating nonetheless. Its the same sort of sound you get out of a bad electrolytic capacitor in a RLC circuit when the inductor is off phase or the electrolyte in the capacitor is boiling off.

It kicks in like a laptop fan, so im guessing its the effect of some program/s or subroutines either causing some oscillation in a component or random noise to the speakers or amp gain. Im hoping it is the speakers, so the hardware isnt under stress, but i still hate the sound. 

I know it's been reported by others, i was wondering if we knew the exact source, whether it could be addressed, and also whether it is OS specific.

=============
P.S. i know we're all used to electronic noise, idle speakers, old chargers especially. But for a phone you regularly hold close to your head or other body parts, we really should get it addressed and not just accept it.

Messages In This Thread
Irritating High frequency sound. - by Cree - 09-01-2020, 12:29 AM
RE: Irritating High frequency sound. - by Word5 - 09-03-2020, 09:12 AM
RE: Irritating High frequency sound. - by Cree - 09-22-2020, 06:01 PM
RE: Irritating High frequency sound. - by hiimtye - 10-02-2020, 02:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bluetooth connection to car multimedia interface problems (no sound) zkajdan 0 1,042 10-29-2021, 01:34 AM
Last Post: zkajdan
  How to increase sound volume when headphone jack is in use? lacriz 1 1,815 10-16-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: lacriz
  Is there a sound card input on the Pinephone which can be used by Python software? Peter Gamma 5 6,879 06-24-2020, 06:08 AM
Last Post: wibble