Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China
My perspective about this topic is a mix of both or all opinions.

I too, don't like everything that I buy here in Europe to be "made in china", not because I have anything against China or the Chinese people - but because I know, that the product that I hold in my hand, which has a logo of an over century old European brand on it, had moved production to China to make it cheaper for them to manufacture, to make them more profit without reducing the price to the consumer and by compromising the European craftsmanship and attention to details which is a fact in certain niches of products.

Some products that are made in china are just fine, and I don't care that they are made in China, it is also depends on what the manufacturer was demanding from the Chinese factory, since Many Chinese factories are capable of making high quality products, if they are told to (hence- also paid to!), I know as a matter of fact that some factories in China are using some very sophisticated, precise and expensive Swiss and German machinery - the problem is that most companies who decided to outsource their production out to China - did it solely to reduce their costs, and cared less about maintaining the quality of what their products meant to be for people over multiple generations.

I don't care about that non branded plastic "Selfie stick" that does a very simple task and costs next to nothing, I care about the once high-end European brand products being sold at record high prices while not retaining their "old" quality anymore because the manufacturer only demands lowering production costs, while products are still being marketed as if they were the "good old original products" which they certainly aren't anymore. that is a shame IMHO.

Some products are "meant" to be made in China for various of reasons, some other products I would prefer to buy a locally made one, like for an example- the American car manufacturers make few of the best pickup trucks in the world! even here in Europe I see many Dodge RAMs, no VW or Mercedes pickup truck can even touch that beast.. on the other hand Germany and Switzerland are hands down the world's top precision machinery manufacturers, just to mention two simple examples out of many.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China - by kern707 - 12-03-2020, 12:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,238 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Poll: Move production outside of China? KNERD 10 9,524 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: xalius