Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China
(08-03-2020, 08:36 PM)Arwen Wrote: I think this discussion has gone a bit off the rails.

Please resume practical aspects of multi-sourcing, instead of political, cultural or other reasons.

For example, practical aspects of multi-sourcing:
  • Is that if weather were to delay manufacturing or shipments from one location, another location may be un-affected.
  • Same can apply with local holidays affecting one location and not another.
Further, if a discussion were to involve moving to another location that was able to produce the items:
  • Faster, or
  • Cheaper, or
  • More reliable, or
  • Reduced shipping delays
This aspect of the discussion would be okay.
I do not think we broke any rule ( https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2139 )

I agree that xenophobic or disrespectful reasons do not have room in this forum.
However, ethics is an essential player for some of us when deciding to get a product.
Our society works in a way that we have to play with existing rules. Sometimes we do not like them, but if you do not play, you are out of the game. Using cheap labor in another country is nothing I like. However, if I decide to stop buying all items made in China, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam,... I will have nothing to buy. So, I have to buy it.  I hate the situation in Congo and how they make slaves and kill people to get coltan for our technology. I will do what I can to fight it, but do I have to stop using technology? In our world this is impossible.

If Pine64 makes even small steps for a more fair market, I will support it. I know this is not Pine64 goal, and I respect it too. However, if someone writes a post stepping others' rights, I will answer. Always. If this means you will kick me out of the forum, that's fine too. I will not shut up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China - by natasha - 08-04-2020, 12:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,332 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Poll: Move production outside of China? KNERD 10 9,726 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: xalius