No external monitorvia USB-C over Dockingstation
(09-28-2023, 12:15 PM)bnjmnhg Wrote: A few days later I wanted to continue. But now the PinebookPro no longer boots. After switching on, the LED turns orange and the screen remains dark. I can't quite explain this.

I think that I haven't changed anything again after the first reboot. But maybe I am wring.  I will remove the eMMC when I'll find some time. Maybe it can be brought back to life that way. If not, I'll just have to start from scratch.

Your PBP is fine, the problem is that your /boot partition is broken, that is why it didn't boot nor print anything on the screen. I had this issue once long time ago while playing around with the boot files. You can fix it by simply replacing the files on your /boot partition with ones from a working image from the same distro you were using.

You can do that by either removing the eMMC stick from the PBP and use another computer to replace the files, or if you don't have an eMMC usb adapter, then you can try to install an image from the same distro into an USB-A and plug it on your PBP (I think it was the bluish port on the left) to then copy the files into the eMMC. Most of the time the PBP will boot from a live USB even if your eMMC uboot is broken :p

Messages In This Thread
RE: No external monitorvia USB-C over Dockingstation - by colorfulsing - 10-05-2023, 11:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 1,078 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Sleep and external display - Are there any options? chris88233 7 2,032 09-04-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: wdt
Question External display doesn't work in TwisterOS (Armbian) TDC_PBP 0 1,587 08-21-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: TDC_PBP
  External USB C Monitor not working altacus 29 39,444 08-08-2021, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64
  External display stopped working, "dpcd read failed: -22" in dmesg zackw 3 5,522 05-01-2020, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Valinor