Disable notification on automatic suspension
Hi,

First, I'd like to thank everyone in this community, for helping others! Great!

I ordered my PinePhone a few months ago. A few weeks later, I received the device, kept it in a drawer, and then I found the time to install the device.
I really wanted to get Kali Linux on the device, but it seems there are problems with the current image, so I decided to try Manjaro.

There have been a few bumps on the road, but it seems most things are working now.

The biggest problem for now, is the notification on the lockscreen about automatic suspension: every 5 minutes, the notification shows up. Of course, I can disable automatic suspension, but that will drain the battery. But the battery is also being drained, if the display is lit up every 5 minutes. Besides: I automatically take a look on my screen when that happens.

I also can disable notifications, but that means I will miss out anything important.

ChatGPT suggested the following:
Custom Scripts or Tools: Depending on the operating system your PinePhone is running (like PostmarketOS, Mobian, or another Linux-based mobile OS), you might be able to write custom scripts or use existing tools to control notifications based on the phone's state. This could involve detecting a suspension event and muting notifications in response.

Do you wise people reckon, that is the way to go? If so: anyone has a tip on how I do that? If not: anyone has tips on how I can achieve my goal in another way?

Cheers,

Albert Denmark
Mine used to do that but doesn't any more, so make sure your packages are up to date. (For reference: I'm on pmOS edge + phosh.)

You can also try disabling notifications for the power app only; both phosh and plasma should have a way of doing that. (Although that didn't work for me back when I had the issue. Still worth a try.)