PINE64
Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+--- Thread: Netflix on default Chromium/Debian (/showthread.php?tid=8908)

Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - MoonDog - 01-23-2020

Hi all!
I'm rusty on my linux and I'm trying to watch netflix on it for the first time. 
For some reason I thought that in the default distribution provided with PBP the Chromium browser already included support for Netflix. I can't watch it in Chromium nor Firefox. Is there additional setup necessary to get it going? I see that widevine is part of the updates that I run every once in a while so I'm even more confused by it not working.

If anyone could point me to how to get it running on the original distribution, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - Samarium151 - 01-23-2020

(01-23-2020, 09:49 PM)MoonDog Wrote: Hi all!
For some reason I thought that in the default distribution provided with PBP the Chromium browser already included support for Netflix. I can't watch it in Chromium nor Firefox. Is there additional setup necessary to get it going? I see that widevine is part of the updates that I run every once in a while so I'm even more confused by it not working.

If anyone could point me to how to get it running on the original distribution, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There is script on the desktop you have to run to install wildvine.  I recommend you run the updater on the bottom of the screen then run the wildvine install script.

RE: Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - MoonDog - 01-24-2020

(01-23-2020, 10:24 PM)Samarium151 Wrote: There is script on the desktop you have to run to install wildvine.  I recommend you run the updater on the bottom of the screen then run the wildvine install script.

Is the script supposed to be located in /home/rock/Desktop/ ? There is no script in mine. I don't think I erased anything but perhaps that could've happened...

RE: Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - xmixahlx - 01-24-2020

the desktop is just a link to the system script. it is also called widevine.

update_widevine.sh or something similar. open a terminal and use sudo to install.

sorry, I am not using the default os to confirm

RE: Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - Jeremiah Cornelius - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 01:31 PM)xmixahlx Wrote: the desktop is just a link to the system script. it is also called widevine.

update_widevine.sh or something similar. open a terminal and use sudo to install.

sorry, I am not using the default os to confirm

Is there a link to github, or some other repository for this script - it would be useful for other armhf userland installs, besides the stock mrfixit Debian.
I looked, but can't find it.

RE: Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - MIchael - 01-24-2020

When you run the MrFixit script it puts the program on the desktop. I've run it a number of times and it's not working. I'm sure I've done something wrong on my end though.

RE: Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - MoonDog - 01-24-2020

The only file on the Desktop is one that I created, and I have the latest updates for the PBP applied.

I think actually that widevine is working on my chromium but that for some reason Netflix specifically isn't.  I went to some sites to test the DRM playing capability of the browser and it worked. I think i'll have to update widevine or chromium...

RE: Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - sp123 - 01-25-2020

(01-23-2020, 10:24 PM)Samarium151 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 09:49 PM)MoonDog Wrote: Hi all!

Thanks!

There is script on the desktop you have to run to install wildvine.  I recommend you run the updater on the bottom of the screen then run the wildvine install script.
I am a novice. I assume I am supposed to give a command in the terminal to run this script.  Can you please let me know what exactly to type in terminal to install Widevine.

RE: Netflix on default Chromium/Debian - simeon - 01-28-2020

I guess that you use the default debian system. If so you just have to open terminal, you may have on icon near the menu on the bottom-left corner.

After starting a terminal, you should type

Code:
update_widevine.sh

I hope you can run it. It seems tha tNetflix don't like this version anymore (I hope it will change soon) . But Primevideo works pretty well for me and even on firefox (Netflix on firefox on PBP)