PINE64
Remote Desktop Support? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Remote Desktop Support? (/showthread.php?tid=863)

Pages: 1 2 3

Remote Desktop Support? - Rochambeaux - 04-30-2016

Is there any build that supports a remote desktop app, like VNC?

I need to connect to the Pine from Windows 10 machines.

RE: Remote Desktop Support? - nukedawg - 05-01-2016

Installed the "Ubuntu Linux Image base on Longsleep 20160421 image" from the Pine 64 Wiki page. From a terminal prompt I used apt-get install xrdp and then with MobaXterm I was able to connect to the desktop without any issues. Very snappy! MobaXterm is great but not sure if it works on Windows 10. I am running Windows 7 to connect.

RE: Remote Desktop Support? - androsch - 05-01-2016

(04-30-2016, 09:49 PM)Rochambeaux Wrote: Is there any build that supports a remote desktop app, like VNC?.

If you use the linux builds frpm longsleep (see Software - Linux development), you can install any GUI you like on top and of course use it via VNC or remote desktop from Win10. Thats my setup at the moment to run the Pine headless and use ssh or rdestop to access...
Works fine for me.

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk

RE: Remote Desktop Support? - Rochambeaux - 05-01-2016

I'm not a LINUX guru by any stretch.. Is there a step by step process on how to do this?

I did an extensive Google search but the walkthroughs I found wouldn't work with the Pine builds.

Is there a simple "click and install" GUI based one?

RE: Remote Desktop Support? - lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 05-01-2016

Rochambeaux what distro are you currently using?

xubuntu-xenial-20160421-longsleep-pine64-8GB

RE: Remote Desktop Support? - baryluk - 05-01-2016

I didn't try using VNC, but check out packages like: vino, xrdp, vnc4server, linuxvnc, x11vnc, tightvncserver. If you can log into , into Mate and install vino, that would be probably fastest way to run vnc server.

(05-01-2016, 10:25 AM)baryluk Wrote: I didn't try using VNC, but check out packages like: vino, xrdp, vnc4server, linuxvnc, x11vnc, tightvncserver. If you can log into , into Mate and install vino, that would be probably fastest way to run vnc server.

Is there a better option?

I'd like to use Splashtop or similar but don't think there's an ARM build.

RE: Remote Desktop Support? - baryluk - 05-01-2016

I do not know what splashtop is. Never tried it. I cannot find it in Debian unstable. Try grabbing the sources from the official page, and compiling it yourself. It might just work.

(05-01-2016, 11:07 AM)baryluk Wrote: I do not know what splashtop is. Never tried it. I cannot find it in Debian unstable. Try grabbing the sources from the official page, and compiling it yourself. It might just work.

Yeah . you just went way over my ability level...

LINUX has had a GUI for how many years, decades? There should be a GUI remote desktop solution somewhere.