PINE64
Screen backlight accidentally zero % - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pinebook (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+--- Thread: Screen backlight accidentally zero % (/showthread.php?tid=5037)

Screen backlight accidentally zero % - boubik - 08-27-2017

Hi from Czech Republic, i am satisfied with my Pinebook 14", running original Linux MATE, however as I was changing slide bar of the screen brightness via touchpad, as i think there is no hardware shortcut like "Fn+something", i accidentally moved it to zero % and then manually switched off the Pinebook via long hold of the power button, so the screen is now after every log-in totally dark. I can run up Guest session, but once I log into my account, it becomes dark. External HDMI does not run (i never tested before, just tried now and TV says no signal). I know i can run up Terminal via shortcut CTRL+ALT+T, however what next then, step by step pls.? I tried to play with "xbacklight" advise in Guest session and also my account, but i am not sure i am doing the steps in correct synchronizations (blind typing, lack of Guest password knowledge, lack of knowledge if xbacklight is installed or not, etc.). Thx to experts to let me know fast!

RE: Screen backlight accidentally zero % - shirman - 08-31-2017

Try "sudo su" and then:
Code:
root@pinebook:/home/pine64# echo 255 > /sys/class/backlight/lcd0/brightness

RE: Screen backlight accidentally zero % - MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 12:30 PM)shirman Wrote: Try "sudo su" and then:
Code:
root@pinebook:/home/pine64# echo 255 > /sys/class/backlight/lcd0/brightness

try:   sudo  -i

Wink

RE: Screen backlight accidentally zero % - TomC601 - 09-04-2017

Just go into a dark room with a flashlight, and if you use the flashlight on the pinebooks screen, you can see what is going on it, with a little bit of patience you can get yourself into settings and move the brightness slider back up Wink

RE: Screen backlight accidentally zero % - MarkHaysHarris777 - 09-04-2017

(09-04-2017, 01:10 PM)TomC601 Wrote: Just go into a dark room with a flashlight, and if you use the flashlight on the pinebooks screen, you can see what is going on it, with a little bit of patience you can get yourself into settings and move the brightness slider back up Wink

Yes,  I would recommend an LED flashlight;  one of the high intensity ones with like 14+ LEDs.

RE: Screen backlight accidentally zero % - boubik - 09-10-2017

Thanks to all, solution was really just in getting in dark room and using flashlight very close to the screen, just right above it. I thought the screen is completely off, but its not. I have manually moved slide to higher brightness % level back again. Things are sometimes simplier then they seems... I am SURE somebody will use this after me as well, this thing will repeat :-) PS: no other issues so far while running Pinebook as occassional home NTB...