PINE64
Will it ever be able to order PinePhone pro from India? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=177)
+--- Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+--- Thread: Will it ever be able to order PinePhone pro from India? (/showthread.php?tid=16332)

Will it ever be able to order PinePhone pro from India? - rksomayaji - 03-18-2022

I know people are busy taking care the people who can and have received PinePhone Pro. I have tried ordering the explorer edition every 15 days since last November and only the PinePhone Pro. Nothing else with it and not been able to do it. The site gives no details except that I get "Some of the devices cannot be shipped to your country due to logistical reasons." error.

I have asked about this since November on Telegram, Twitter and have been ignored every time.

Will this ever change before you raise the price to 600 USD or India will be ignored for the foreseeable future?

RE: Will it ever be able to order PinePhone pro from India? - tllim - 03-19-2022

(03-18-2022, 09:57 AM)rksomayaji Wrote: I know people are busy taking care the people who can and have received PinePhone Pro. I have tried ordering the explorer edition every 15 days since last November and only the PinePhone Pro. Nothing else with it and not been able to do it. The site gives no details except that I get "Some of the devices cannot be shipped to your country due to logistical reasons." error.

I have asked about this since November on Telegram, Twitter and have been ignored every time.

Will this ever change before you raise the price to 600 USD or India will be ignored for the foreseeable future?

The PinePhone or PinePhone Pro doesn't shipped to India due to complex India custom declare process, and sales team doesn't have resource to keep on the custom paperwork demand.

RE: Will it ever be able to order PinePhone pro from India? - rksomayaji - 03-21-2022

(03-19-2022, 06:48 PM)tllim Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 09:57 AM)rksomayaji Wrote: I know people are busy taking care the people who can and have received PinePhone Pro. I have tried ordering the explorer edition every 15 days since last November and only the PinePhone Pro. Nothing else with it and not been able to do it. The site gives no details except that I get "Some of the devices cannot be shipped to your country due to logistical reasons." error.

The PinePhone or PinePhone Pro doesn't shipped to India due to complex India custom declare process, and sales team doesn't have resource to keep on the custom paperwork demand.
So you mean it's just not worth your time and resources.

RE: Will it ever be able to order PinePhone pro from India? - tckosvic - 03-24-2022

(03-21-2022, 03:30 AM)rksomayaji Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 06:48 PM)tllim Wrote:

So you mean it's just not worth your time and resources.
Save your money.  There are numerous serious issues that need to be worked out such as boot configuration, battery charging, suspension of operation, use of the system memory, wearing out sim card slot, etc.  Unless you want to join this zoo, I'd suggest waiting.  If you have the pinephone, install latest software on that and enjoy.

RE: Will it ever be able to order PinePhone pro from India? - nande - 04-01-2022

Apparently you can get it from eBay, from a reseller https://www.ebay.com/itm/224888209736?hash=item345c61c148:g:EiQAAOSwteZiMNrt
I don't know if they ship to India nor how reliable are they. This is just a quick link i found some time ago.